Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Owed refund

Becca81811
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had an account with Vodafone a few years back that went into arrears and was sent to ccs collections which I paid back every month , somehow I managed to overpay by £149.91 which the collection company kept taking and I wrongly assumed I’d get a letter from either ccs collections or Vodafone once the debt was satisfied, I have been in touch with both parties on several occasions with regards to recouping the monies owed to be bounced back and forth , Vodafone deny they were sent the extra money even though ccs can provide dates my payment was sent to them on my behalf , what am I supposed to do ?! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Becca81811 

If you are sure it was an amount overpaid and not interest or service charges, I would advise to follow the complaints process here:  Complaints 

You will then have made every effort to resolve this directly with Vodafone If not solved after 8 weeks that gives you the right to approach the Ombudsman to arbitrate on your behalf.  Companies usually find the information once the Omdudsman becomes involved.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @Becca81811 

If you are sure it was an amount overpaid and not interest or service charges, I would advise to follow the complaints process here:  Complaints 

You will then have made every effort to resolve this directly with Vodafone If not solved after 8 weeks that gives you the right to approach the Ombudsman to arbitrate on your behalf.  Companies usually find the information once the Omdudsman becomes involved.

Ccs collect have confirmed it is an overpayment , I have requested the payment information attached to my account from both parties , it’s just super frustrating that this is the case in the first place 

hrym

The collection agency certainly shouldn't have taken more than they were entitled to.   However, was this a standing order or a direct debit?  There's an important difference, because a DD will be initiated by the payee (the debt collector in this case), whereas an SO is initiated by the payer (you) and continues until cancelled.

Your issue is with the collection agency, I think, as they will have purchased the debt from Vodafone and then retained the payments they receive from you.