Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC code on a 30 day sim only contract

mbh123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I seem to be going round in circles. I took out a 30 day sim only contract, but want to leave as i get such a poor signal. I have tried to cancel & obtain a PAC code but customer services are saying as I'm within the 30 day period I cant cancel and get my PAC until the end of the 30 day contract.

Is this correct, seems a very odd condition?

thanks

Mark

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Right now your in the initial 30 day network satisfaction guarantee period to be able to cancel without early termination fees.

That's the route to follow if your finding the service not good enough.

After the 30 days your locked in for the term.

So you could wait 31 days and then as your locked in and their systems change to show that you can then ask for a Pac if your really wanting to retain the Vodafone mobile number that's just been assigned to you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The reason for keeping the number is that I moved that in from EE not expecting the vodafone signal to be so much worse at home (hence the 30 day trial). They are flat out refusing to allow me to cancel & obtain a PAC code before the end of the intitial 30 day period (although this is paid in advance). Very strange.

BandOfBrothers

Its most probably a system.driven issue that recognises the account is still in the cooling off period thus usually a customer wouldn't need a Pac but instead just cancels.

Now you've elaborated to why you want to keep the number I understand your reasoning however as you've been advised officially by Vodafone Support you'll need to wait until suggested. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mbh123 

Providing the SIM is active on the network and you have made a few calls there is no reason for Vodafone to refuse an immediate PAC for you to move the number out of Vodafone.  It may be worth mentioning Vodafone wil bill you for the time you have had the SIM and you need to make sure the account is fully closed.

However, if network is your issue, it may be that you are not in a good location to receive a mobile phone signal and this might be something worth investigating.  If you follow this link Network Issues

you will be able to see the self help support.

With a qualifying SIM only plan and compatable phone, there is also WiFi calling for when you are in an area with poor reception and the Sure Signal to receive a 3G connection around your home.  There is further information on WiFi calling here: Make and receive calls without a phone signal

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi,

Vodafone (or any other network) are not allowed to refuse to issue a PAC code.

I'd check out www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and give them a call.

They'll either issue or get something raised if there is a system issue driving this. 

Shame Vodafone isn't working for you though.