Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYM to PAYM is it possible?

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established

Hi all,

As it states above, is it possilbe to move from PAYM to PAYM internally?

I have two PAYM contracts with Vodafone and my main one is due to expire in 5 months and I want to end that contract and move it on to my 2nd line, replacing the number on my 2nd line; is this possible?

I'm aware that I may have to end my 1st contract and move to PAYG and then back to PAYM, which I believe takes about 30 days or so...

Please can anyone confirm if this is correct and advise the quickest process.

Thanks!

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jonspittle

The way you describe will be the correct procedure.  The only problem you will have will be liable for any early termination charges on the first number and your online account will also be knocked out, this is going to mean setting up a new online account using alternative information from the original account.

As soon as the number is moved to PAYG, you will need to make a small top up and chargeable activity to get the number active on PAYG, you will then be in a position to complete the online form to keep your number or contact Vodafone, to start the number transfer to your second contract replacing the current number which you will lose.

The quickest way would be to ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the number out of Vodafone on PAYG to an alternative network, complete the keep your number form to PAC back in to the second contract, saves the 30 days wait but with ETC, this may be more expensive.

Hi @AnnS,

I appreciate your reply.

I intend to give 30 days notice before my contract expires to avoid any early termination charges. Regards to my online account will it not stay active as I have my 2nd line and home broadband linked to it, surely ending my 1st line would not cease my online account??

I see I did think that may of been an option moving it to another network however I wasn't sure if there still would be a timescale on that, therefore if there isn't then I can therotically move from PAYM to PAYG (Different network) and back to Vodafone PAYM within around 3 days, give or take a day. I'm happy to pay a bit extra for a shorter timeframe.

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @jonspittle

Usually when the main number is cancelled, it would mean setting up a new account for the remaining number.  With your home broadband set up to the account, not sure it will still mean a new account but this should be something where live chat should know the answer.

Moving the number out and porting back will certainly be a lot quicker than waiting the 30 days for Vodafone to move the number but it's going to be more costly.

@jonspittle

If you moved to Vodafone PAYG, you would still need to add a small amount of credit and this is the same when moving.  It's only really any extra cancellation charges which can make it more expensive.  Moving the number out saves a lot of messing about with Vodafone and the 30 days waiting.  

Hi @AnnS,

I see, I'll give Vodafone CS a call to confirm at some point.

When you say more costly, I assume it's just the cost of a sim card and top up for the other network and that's it? There isn't any extra charges from Vodafone is there?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's a pain that we have to find workarounds but I think the best solution has been suggested already.

When you're ready, call Vodafone and get the PAC code for the number you're wanting to keep.

Port it to any of the other networks (preferably one offering a free SIM). So long as this is done before 15:00 then it'll port the following working day. Once complete, repeat the process, call your 'new' network and get a PAC code (tell them how Vodafone have offered you a wonderful deal to come back as they will try and save you) and then use that PAC to port into contact number 2.

It's the quickest way rather than 30 days to PAYG then back to contact.

Hi @donnyguy,

I apprecaite your response, I'll more than likely follow what has already been mentioned, it seems the quickest route for sure! Thanks for the tip about completing it before 3pm!