Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paid for 6GB data, getting 1GB

Pilswort
4: Newbie
I am a new Vodafone customer having taken out a new contract on back friday. The package I bought was supposed to have 6GB data but instead my account shows 1GB. I have tried to solive this on online chat and by ringing 191. Online chat was useless and could not help. On ringing 191 they said it was "a known problem" and it would be fixed. This was days ago now and I've still only got 1GB and am about to approach my 1GB limit. Is anyone else having this issue and pulling their hair out with Vodafone customer services. Not a great start to my 2 year contract....
73 REPLIES 73

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

May I ask was the contract taken out directly with Vodafone?

Also I have read in the past that a contract would show a data allowance at the top and then if a special deal is given Vodafone cannot amend the normal amount of data allowance showing, but instead add it at the bottom as a kind of add on. 

I appreciate customer service have advised it's a known issue. 

Please do persevere with Customer service to ask again, and if this was my situation I'd also as a precaution turn off mobile data in the phones settings so I didn't go over the 1gb allowance. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Pilswort

If this was a Black Friday special offer and the data allowance which usually comes with the contract would be 1GB, you will see the extra data given at the end of your bill as an add on  'extra 5GB data'.  When you look at your online account, it will show the tariff with the allowance before the special offer of the extra 5GB.

You need to wait until you have received your bill. If the extra data is not shown at the end of your bill, please use live chat.  They will be able to confirm you have the 6BG allowance.

Diehard1985
1: Seeker
I have gone for the special black Friday offer as well. Waiting for the bill is not acceptable to me. I've taken a punt by trying Vodafone again after terrible service a couple of years ago.
So far I've had an email about adding another line, wrong data allowance as above and my 24 month contract apparently doesn't expire until 2019?

So far not impressed. I hope Vodafone are taking these complaints seriously as I seem to be not the only one!

Pilswort
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Nowhere on my online account does it mention the addition of an extra 5gb of data. The only place it is mentioned is on my receipt from where I bought it from the Vodafone online store. I can already see what's going to happen, I will go over 1GB data and be charged extra then I will have all the hassle of getting it refunded by ringing 191 and explanning it all again.... The above post advising I don't go above 1gb makes no sense to me. I've paid for 6GB and therefore I should expect to me able to use 6GB. I don't know about you diehard but my problem with waiting for the first bill is that it will then be over 28 days and so I can't return it under distance selling regs.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pilswort @Diehard1985

Please speak with our Live Chat team so we can make sure your price plans get amended to reflect the correct amount of data. 

Pilswort
Hi Chaazd. Did exactly as you told me to been on a chat with a member of support on 9.12.16. Was told that a note had been put on my account that it will be fixed "sometime" but in the meantime I will not be charged for going over. Guess what, 5 days later, still not fixed and my vodafone account is showing a further £13 in Internet charges (so far) due to be debited on 29th December. I will put my worldly possessions that this will be taken and I will yet again have to contact your utterly useless customer services department only for there to be no resolution. This is by far the worst mobile phone company I have ever had to deal with. All I want is the additional 5gb of data I was sold by the Vodafone online store. How on earth it could be this stressful and difficult to sort i have no idea.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pilswort

Once the bill has been generated, please have another word with our Live Chat team so we can make sure the charges are credited towards the bill before we send for the direct debit.

adievnt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Pilswort

I am in the exact same predicament as you. I have officially complained to Vodafone and been told i now have to be moved onto a different price plan (which will cost me slightly more) as the Black Friday one is no longer available. Please let us know how you get on with this.

Adie

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @adievnt@Pilswort@bateman1969 & @dwalford

I understand your frustration at what's happened with your accounts. We'll be able to look into these individually. I'm going to send all of your a PM with our contact details, once we've got your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.