Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paid for 6GB data, getting 1GB

Pilswort
4: Newbie
I am a new Vodafone customer having taken out a new contract on back friday. The package I bought was supposed to have 6GB data but instead my account shows 1GB. I have tried to solive this on online chat and by ringing 191. Online chat was useless and could not help. On ringing 191 they said it was "a known problem" and it would be fixed. This was days ago now and I've still only got 1GB and am about to approach my 1GB limit. Is anyone else having this issue and pulling their hair out with Vodafone customer services. Not a great start to my 2 year contract....
73 REPLIES 73

I am having the same gb issues. Can I also be helped out please! 

Pilswort
Well unfortunately everytime I get told to speak withe online chat they can't do anything for me and tell me just to wait, for what exactly I don't know as nothing is being done. As soon as I undoubtedly get charged over £50 for a bill that should be just over 20 I will be getting in touch with BBC watchdog and report them to the advertising standards agency for misselling. To expect you to pay more to be moved to a different tariff is a joke. Luckily where I work has lots of employees who all know the issues I'm having and the awful customer service so are avoiding vodafone, gives me some small pleasure I guess.....

I have spoken to you on chat on the 5th who told me to call. so i called a week ago and spoke to someone who said it would be sresolved in a few days. it hasn't so i phoned again and was told that the problem is at your end they apologised and said it would be fixed in a week or so.

I don't particularly want to cancel my contract and send everything back - seems a complete waste. but i also definitely do NOT want to accept a 1gb data limit. there is no way i would ever have bought the phone and deal for only 1gb data. please get this sorted out. seriously, how difficult can it be?

Pilswort
Dwalford I take it you are also having issues then? I'm considering compiling a list of people with the same issue to send to BBC watchdog. They only just ran a story about Vodafone and theye love a follow up story of the same company so I reckon they will show it. Would you be interested in taking part in this?

Hello I paid for 6gb on Black Friday deal but when my welcome letter arrived  it stated that I'd only got 1 GB. I phoned Berni at Vodafone who could not or would not help.

I went to the local CPW shop and the manager there called Vodafone on my behalf and apparently VF agreed to add the extra 5gb as this is a known issue, but I would have to wait 2 days before it came through.

I have zero confidence in this happening, my phone is still in its box unused I seriously considering returning it, CPW and VF are hopeless.

My contract states 6GB so I guess it's going to be the communication ombudsman.

I'd join this list, I'm experiencing the same issue and have done since the 28th November, really doesn't seem like anything is being done about it.

So I've replied twice to the personal message but am yet to get any response. I've already been charged for my extra data. Compensation is due for stress and time used chasing up this problem......

Hopefully it gets resolved soon

Pilswort
I wouldn't hold your breath. Had no reply since emailing my details in reply on 22nd.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@marknewell1973 I’ve sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Pilswort So we can check on the progress of this for you, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated reply. This will be similar to [#12345678].