Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paid for 6GB data, getting 1GB

Pilswort
4: Newbie
I am a new Vodafone customer having taken out a new contract on back friday. The package I bought was supposed to have 6GB data but instead my account shows 1GB. I have tried to solive this on online chat and by ringing 191. Online chat was useless and could not help. On ringing 191 they said it was "a known problem" and it would be fixed. This was days ago now and I've still only got 1GB and am about to approach my 1GB limit. Is anyone else having this issue and pulling their hair out with Vodafone customer services. Not a great start to my 2 year contract....
73 REPLIES 73

Pilswort
Hi, I didn't get an automated reply. I filled the form in and sent it. The code given to me by your colleague was EFT195. I've checked my inbox and have not received anything.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Pilswort, please ensure that this may not be in your junk or spam folders. If you're unable to find the automated response, please clear your cache and cookies and try an alternative browser before completing the form again. Let us know how you get on.

Pilswort
Sent the form for a second time. Got a message telling me that it had sent but still no email with a reference code. Can you not just message Me and I will reply direct with the information you need?

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pilswort

We're unable to discuss account queries over private message on Vodafone Community. 

If you follow the link in the private message sent to you, the email will come to us and you'll receive an automated response to your email address.

Minifran
3: Seeker
Am having the same predicament - offered a 6GB allowance and only receiving 1GB. Online chat advised me to ring customers services who told me the situation would be resolved in 5 working days. Still no response 3 weeks later. Not the best of starts to a new 24 month contract.

Can anyone from tech support get this resolved for me ASAP please?

Pilswort
Minifran look above. There are loads of people with the same problem and Vodafone doing nothing about it despite repeated calls to customer services. Don't hold your breath.....

Porty2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Same problem here since 28th November....have made calls to both cpw and Vodafone only for them to blame each other...and after another call today to Vodafone have been told that it is a cpw problem and WONT be fixed by Vodafone as the tarrif does not exist!!...i have advised Vodafone that i am canceling my dd and will pay no more money till the problem is fixed..only to be threatened with " it will affect your credit score"..... Everybody affected should cancel their direct debit and then maybe they will do something about it! Instead of fobbing honest people off with excuse after excuse..

Even if this problem is fixed i will NEVER use CPW or VODAFONE ever again and will use all means available to me to advise others to do the same

Minifran
Suggest everyone use Resolver in order to escalate this. It worked for a complaint I had with Argos where I was refunded £70.

http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/vodafone-complaints

Minifran

Have now raised a formal complaint ##>## via Resolver. If I fail to receive a satisfactory resolution to my complaint within 14 days I will escalate my issue to the ombudsman.

Strongly suggest everyone with this type of complaint do

Minifran

Have now raised a formal complaint ##>## via Resolver. If I fail to receive a satisfactory resolution to my complaint within 14 days I will escalate my issue to the ombudsman.

Strongly suggest everyone with this type of complaint do the same to stand any chance of getting the 6GB data allowance they were promised!