Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paid for 6GB data, getting 1GB

Pilswort
4: Newbie
I am a new Vodafone customer having taken out a new contract on back friday. The package I bought was supposed to have 6GB data but instead my account shows 1GB. I have tried to solive this on online chat and by ringing 191. Online chat was useless and could not help. On ringing 191 they said it was "a known problem" and it would be fixed. This was days ago now and I've still only got 1GB and am about to approach my 1GB limit. Is anyone else having this issue and pulling their hair out with Vodafone customer services. Not a great start to my 2 year contract....
73 REPLIES 73

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Leye @marknewell1973 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Minifran Please keep us updated with how you get on. If you need anything further, we'll be here to help. 

@Pilswort I've checked our inbox, however I'm unable to see any emails from yourself via the registered email address within your profile. 

I've sent you a new private message with an alternative way to get in touch. 

Minifran
3: Seeker
Rahim - you're prepared to allow me to go to the extremes of escalating this via Resolver rather than take steps to fix this yourself?

Unbelievable!

Exactly how difficult can it be for you to remedy this fairly straightforward complaint?!

Pilswort
Rahim, I have sent an email to that inbox address. Fingers crossed....... hilariously had a 40 minute phonecall with Vodafone customer services earlier as I was billed 52.90 instead of 20.40 despite promises this would not happen. Even the customer services guy was shocked at the ineptness of vodafone to resolve this issue which is clearly widespread. The only outcome was to raise this above (again) or return the phone. I mean seriously......m

Pilswort
Oh and for customer services my complaint email reference is 14997191.

Pilswort
So everyone I've finally been contacted by the Vodafone support team who have been monitoring this thread. What an utter waste of time. The bottom line is that there is no fix, they don't know when there will be a fix, but don't worry if you go over the 1gb as you will be refunded for the data, except this refund is not automatic and I will have to ring up for every month this goes on for (and I wouldn't be surprised if this is for the remaining 23 months of my contract at this rate). So if anyone else is considering going the vodafone customer services route (again) or ombudsmen route, you know the answer. If anyone wants to email me their details to pass to BBC watchdog I am now compiling a list to send next week, please send your name and contact number to my pm inbox.

This is just ridiculous... it's not like the tariff doesn't exist, the actual tariff is available and costs £47 except we were offered it for £24, surely it can't be that difficult to apply a discount to bring it down to £24??

Anywho I have set a data cap on my account which stops me getting charged for any additional data outside my allowance, annoyingly this means it stops at 1GB which is after about a week for me but at least there's no need to chase to get refunded every month.

@Pilswort thanks for the update, I'll pm you my details for the watchdog list. 

marknewell1973
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I cancelled mine within the cooling off period. I just didnt believe them when they said they would refund the extra data money. I'm now expecting problems with my cancellation....

Minifran
Hi @Pilswort - thanks for the update - can't believe that this is the outcome yet Vodafone still have the gall to tell us that filling in a webform will go someway towards rectifying the situation?!

Minifran
P.S. What details from me do you need to pass on to BBC Watchdog? @Pilswort

Pilswort
That was precisely why I was so angry. We're being told repeatedly on here to message our details so they can sort the pto blemishes, but there is no solution. So in actual fact they are wasting yet more of our time. Can someone from the tech team comment on this???