Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay monthly.

CoreyBrand95
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, been arguing with Vodafone now for 5 weeks. I was promised a discounted rate on my upgrade fee which was meant to be around £100, they were offering it for £72. I said I still couldn't afford this, so they said they would leave a £40 goodwill gesture on my account, to help me pay my, so I upgraded. My bill came in, and it was £146, the 40 pounds had not been added. I then went on to chat and told the guy I was talking too what had happened and I was told again then that the £40 would be put on before my bill came from my bank, which did not happen, so went back on to chat again, and was told I would be refunded the money to my bank account. I then received a text saying I wasn't entitled to a refund and now I'm in over draft being charged by the bank. Absolutely ridiculous customer service, can't keep any promises, wish I was with a different provider. Tempted to cancel direct debit and just send my phone back. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When a discount is agreed they should add that info to your account notes @CoreyBrand95 

A tariff can't be changed on your bill so the discount is applied at the bottom of your bill when its produced. 

Depending on when the discount was applied it may have missed the produce date of your bill and so would be on your next bill.

Try speaking with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

Link back to your thread here and include your forum username to help quicken up assistance.

Edit - A person has 14 days as a cooling off period to go back to what there was on. I appreciate your over this but you do have a case if your account notes support what was agreed and Vodafone are not adhering to that.

Then either stay on your previous tariff or re negotiate , go sim only or Payg. 

Or try the Complaints Procedure as a last resort if the Vodafone Social Media Teams are unable to help. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @CoreyBrand95 

When the bill has been produced, the goodwill gesture will be given as a credit on the following months bill.  It won't be something given as cash direct to your bank account.

If you are not happy or cannot afford the upgrade, you will have 14 days to cancel.  Understandably, you are now over the return period.

At least by coming to the forum, the Social Media Team will get to the thread and be in a position to help.