Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay off device but NOT upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on a 32gb plan which entitles me to upgrade anytime from 6 months into my contract and I wanted to find out if it's possible to pay off the device plan i.e like o2 but without upgrading as this would reduce my monthly bill by £20 a month.

Cannot find anything to state it cannot be done, but I spoke to Customer Services who where a bit clueless so thought I would try my luck here.

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid that there is no facility for doing that. The price is fixed for the minimum term and cannot be reduced. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You could move to a SIM Only deal, which would last you 12 months + remaining contract.

And I believe 4 months after remaining contract, you can upgrade to Handset Plan without a Penalty and start a fresh contract.

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous

There is nothing stopping you from paying a lump sum to your account and putting your account in credit but you will still be paying the same price and won't really achieve anything.

The only thing you would be able to do at this stage is to take advantage of the flexi upgrade option and upgrade to a new handset deal.  However, with the early upgrade charge, this will be an expensive option.

Until you are out of contract, it won't be possible to change to SIM only, that information is incorrect.