Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying for device I never received

loobyloo222
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, 2yrs ago I got a call offering me a tablet. Sounded good, I agreed but regretted almost instantly so phoned back to tell them. Was advised to not pick up the tablet and it'd be sent back. So I ignored the emails and in my last email received i was told I had 24hrs left and it'd be sent back to Vodafone,I NEVER PICKED IT UP!

I stupidly didn't check my bill until last week and I've been charged £10 a month for a device I never picked up!!!( That's nearly £240)

Vodafone now refuse to look into it any further saying its my fault I've left it so long(got a new contract last year but there was no mention then of this tablet or id have brought it up then).

Surely there is proof somewhere that I never picked this up? I've never used this item? No data used?No confirmation email sent to say I'd picked it up? 

I'm so so frustrated, has anyone else had similar?

I am going to take this further as I do believe there is proof somewhere and Vodafone are happy to just keep money owed to me and leave it. 

Been a loyal customer for 10 years, will be leaving as soon as my phone contract ends!!!! 

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @loobyloo222 

If you did not collect the device, it should have been automatically cancelled and you should not have been charged.

However, this should have been raised earlier, 2 years is a long time for you not to have noticed this on your bill and you should have been aware of the extra money being taken from the bank.

The best advise is to follow this link, the Team will be able to investigate what happened: Contact us for Account Specific Enquiries 

I do hold my hands up at not noticing before and believe me I wish I had. Just wish someone had mentioned it when I got my new contract last year. Lesson learned to check these things more often. 

I'm now determined to prove that I never picked up the tablet! 

Hi @loobyloo222 

Your not alone when it comes to not fully checking out things.

That shouldn't be a reason why a person cant challenge a situation they have become aware of now.

If this was my situation I'd officially raise a complaint and then Vodafone have 8 weeks to come to an amicable resolution and if not they'll issue a Deadlock letter and then you can involve the Communications Ombudsman to arbitrate on your behalf.

Complaints. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you get the issue sorted and as long as youve got proof of no signing for anything and didnt recieve the tablet then you have every right to dispute it keep us posted thanks 

And can I add that if the money coming out of my bank was separate from my phone bill then I'd have noticed very early on but as it was combined with my phone bill I just thought it was the cost of my bill. 

Abbyhughes29
1: Seeker

They have done the exact same to me and I’m in the same situation! 
I raised it with customer service and they basically said it’s my fault for not checking, which yeah I should of checked my bill in more depth. I’ve been charged £100s for a tablet that I have never owned. I also asked them to cancel the contract and they didn’t, I had to speak to the fraud team just to get a contract cancelled. Fraud were absolutely useless as well, they stood by that it’s my fault for not checking and didn’t bother investigating anything at all. Any updates? Did you get this resolved?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abbyhughes29, to discuss your account specifically, please click here and speak to our social media team.

To ensure that you're never wrongly charged again, please ensure you have the MyVodafone app downloaded or access to your online account with us as you are able to view your bills in PDF form. Vodafone works with payment terms so once a bill has been produced, your payment term determines how long after that we take the payment from your bank account. This allows us to make changes to your account if you dispute the charges on your bill before the payment is taken from your account. 

I was told there was nothing Vodafone could do, because of the time length DPD had erased my delivery code and there was no history. 

I was then offered this and that but i refused to accept any offer as i knew i had NEVER owned the tablet. 

I then contacted DPD, surely there must have been something somewhere on their system to prove i didnt sign for or receive the tablet. After only 2mins a lovely lady found out that Vodafone had made a clame with DPD over a missing item! THE MISSING ITEM WAS IN FACT THE TABLET. SO NOT ONLY WERE VODAFONE HAPPY TO IGNORE ME AND OFFER ME PENNIES BUT THEY HAD ALSO CLAIMED FROM DPD FOR A MISSING TABLET. 

After i found out this information i then told Vodafone straight away. Got a really crap apology and all my money back!!! 

I would never ever recommend anyone go with Vodafone. As soon as my contract ends i am out of here! 

Scammers and rubbish customer service!