cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payment Services Regulations 2017 - consumer customers only?

rustypetterson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there. I'd just like some clarification on the above subject, please.

Can someone from Vodafone confirm whether the new Payment Services Regulations 2017 apply to Small Business or Sole Trader type customers? What about larger Enterprise or Corporate customers? The preceding link appears to be held in the "Consumer" section but I can't find any mention of it in relation to business customers.

One other question: the link above mentions that charges for calls to 087* numbers will be capped - what about calls to 084* numbers?

I find it hard to believe that the current Government wants to get in the way of businesses doing business by imposing (fairly low) monthly limitations on spending. If we are willing and able to pay our bills, what's the problem?

Please advise!

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@rustypetterson Thanks for getting in touch. I've forwarded your query on to the relevant team and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we know more.

Hi TJ,

Thanks for your reply.

That's been a week now, so I thought I'd give you a prod. Any progress with this one? I wouldn't have thought it was a particularly difficult question to answer...?

Thanks. :Smiling:

@rustypetterson Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've just chased this up with the team @TJ raised it to and they've advised they're still working on getting this clarified for you. So please don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you and will update you as soon as we know more 😊

TJ

@rustypetterson Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The team this was escalated to have confirmed that these new regulations affect everyone across the board.

Thanks for both of your replies. One part remains unanswered, however:

@TJOne other question: the link above mentions that charges for calls to 087* numbers will be capped - what about calls to 084* numbers?

Just want to be 100% sure.

This whole thing seems crazy. I don't quite get the rationale behind it either: "to increase competition in the banking sector"?! What on earth does that have to do with any of this?

Anyway, I know it's not Vodafone's fault.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rustypetterson It'll affect calls to numbers starting 0871/72/73, 09 and 118. There's no mention of 084 numbers 🙂

You're able to view all of our information on this here