Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payment after account closed for years

mk82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a vodafone account which was defaulted, settled and closed 2 years ago. I had hoped they would remove the default as it was a big miscommunication but they refused although they did deduct 50% of the amount. Anyway I emailed again to ask them to reconsider as its giving us issues with mortgage interest rates, I didnt think they would but worth asking. So I hadn't yet verified ID as requested in an email then I got an email back saying I had failed ID....ok.....then randomly today they paid money into my bank account....I've no idea what's going on or why they still have my bank details or felt it was ok to go ahead and use them. Can anyone help with possible ideas why? It was a random £16.

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mk82 Was there an amount in credit on the account? This may have been automatically reverted to the details you used on the account with us to fully close your account.

If you'd like us to take a closer look, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help. By including your Community username and a link to your post from here, you won't need to write your query out again 👍

paigezobo
1: Seeker

This has also happened to me, a random £23.40 has been credited into my bank account today but I haven't been with Vodafone since at least 2018 if not earlier than this. I have also not been notified via email or anything as to why I've received this.

If my account hasn't been closed for that period of time and it's credit on the account, why is it only just being closed now? 

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @paigezobo 

The account will have been inactive, but not completely closed due to the credit. 

We found some cases of customers who left us after 2015 who had credit on their bill that wasn't successfully refunded at the time. We're sorry this happened so we have now refunded customers, including a 2.6% interest rate.

Your account will now be permanently closed 🙂