Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pensioner Discount

pmk123
2: Seeker

Hi - Can somebody help me please. I'm a ex-Vodafone employee drawing a Vodafone Pension. I'm trying to renew my mobile contract and I thought that there was a discount availiable for Vodafone Pensioner.  None of the Sales reps have any clue what I'm talking about. Can anybody help please. Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Im aware of employers Vea discount, student discounts and MOD Scheme to name a couple but not of a discount applied to your situation. 

Is it Live Chat or Customer service on 191 you've spoken with ?

You could speak with Customer Retention on 191 , choose thinking of leaving , to see if they can apply a retention discount. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

pmk123

I talked to both

BandOfBrothers

Sorry I edited ny post as you posted. 

Try speaking with the Retentions Department option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Done that as well..

I have received a pensioners discount since leaving Vodafone Watford exchange on Redundancy/Retirement Terms since 2000.

regularly received Staff Discount Details by post.my last contract was for Half price line rental plus phone also includes other people on my account.

my husband also has the same deal.

my last contract is ending and on trying to renew told staff contracts now include Sim Only. Customer Care ,customer Complaints all say I'm not entitled to this discount.I know they had a note on my contract file explaining

that I was retired receive a pension and Staff Discount .after 17years on Staff Discount at my wits end in trying to get through to anyone a Vodafone who can help.

very disappointed in attitude of all staff i've spoken to concerning this.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Luna7777

So that we can take a closer look into this for you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi Sukhi - I started this thread and have contacted Customer Service multiple times without any success. Could you contact me or outline what steps need to be taken. Thanks

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pmk123

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in contact with us.

We'll be happy to look into this for you.

@Luna7777

Have you received an automated email response after contacting us?

In the response you will have received a reference code, it will look like [#123456].

Let us know the reference and we’ll make sure we’ve received your email.

I've just been contacted by customer services. They say that there are no discounts for vodafone pensioner or ex-employees.

As there appears to be no loyality from Vodafone for people who have put in many years of service - I'll be looking elsewhere to renew my mobile contract.