Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pensioner Discount

pmk123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - Can somebody help me please. I'm a ex-Vodafone employee drawing a Vodafone Pension. I'm trying to renew my mobile contract and I thought that there was a discount availiable for Vodafone Pensioner.  None of the Sales reps have any clue what I'm talking about. Can anybody help please. Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pmk123 Were you able to contact us through the details provided by @Becca_P?

So we can take a look into the progress of this for you, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email response. This will look similar to #12345678.

I supplied this information yesterday, I was contacted by (i imagine) a member of your team. This is part of the poor customer service offered by Vodafone.

Does your team bother to read the computer files? Is anybody updating them.

I am tired of calling on multiple occasions, being passed from one department to another. I am tired not receiving callbacks.

The question was a simple one, do Vodafone still offer discount to Vodafone pensioners and if so what is it?

This post has been open over a month and still I'm none the wiser.

Hi there - did you manage to sort this out?  I am in the same loop, and no-one appears to be able to help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mwt999, so we can look into this further I've sent you a private message.

This contains details to contact our team directly so we can help.

If you haven't resolved this yet then the Vodafone Pension are the best people to speak to- they should be able to give you contact details for someone in the Company.  At the end of 2016 I got 2x SIM only unlimited calls, unlimited texts & 25gB of datadeals (1 for me and 1 for my wife) with 80% discount on each- £5 each per month.  I had to open a normal monthly credit account and then give the details of it to the Vodafone person who's contact details I had been given by pensions.  Don't waste your time with the vodafone shops or customer services.

Hi

This month I have had my VF pensioner discount removed/reduced. 

I have tried customer care who have no information on who to contact. This happened to be a couple of years ago and it took weeks to get the discount put back on.

Do you have the contact number or email address (in my day it was staff accounts but its changed)

Why does this happen, I am still being paid a pension, same phone numbers, yet the discount vanishes

@VFpensioner77 I'm sorry to hear you've recently had problems with your discounts - I understand this must be disappointing. 

So we can take a look a what discounts you had and see why this has changed, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message, where you'll find details on how to get in touch with our team 😊

Personally, I wouldn't bother with VF. It's lost its way since the purges and nights of the long knives when all but a paltry pensioner discount was left. Who the hell wants a couple of half price sims when there are better offers elswhere. No doubt VF would like to get rid of all pensioner "free" loaders.

EE is a far better company and give great SIM only deals. Coverage is far better and the EE signal booster works without all the unneccessary registering of mobiles that the VF Sure Signal has to jump hurdles to get it to work.

So let me put it quite plainly, dump VF, go EE.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@round2it wrote:

EE is a far better company and give great SIM only deals.

I have two sim only contracts to upgrade next week so I've just looked at the EE deals and saw nothing there to entice me away from Vodafone in terms of price. What are these great deals you have found?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Unfortunately, EE are no longer doing the £5 deals.  I still pay £5.50 for 1Gb data, 1000 minutes Calls and unlimited texts ( from memory).

Having said that, PlusNet have this deal at the moment...

https://www.plus.net/mobile/deals/5/unl/unl/august/LPCL

1.5GB data, Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts £5.00 per month