cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

People get "number can't be recognised" when I don't answer a call.

JadeyL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

When anyone rings me, but I don't answer my phone, instead of it going to my voicemail, it says "sorry this number can't be recognised".

I get a notification that I have a miss call, but no one ca leave a voicemail mail. 

My phone only rings 3 times too, and i would like it to ring a lot longer.

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @JadeyL 

Has this situation just started or has it been fine in the past or is this a new contract  ?

Or Have you ported in from another network  ?

This may help.

How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail.

Using-our-network/Voicemail.

Also try canceling all diverts via launching your phone app and  Dial ##002# and press call or send then turn your voicemail back On and try again.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help with your voicemail.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter can too.

Account access isn't available via this forum.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

To extend the amount of rings before your voicemail kicks in.

How-do-I-increase-the-time-before-a-call-goes-to-voicemail.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @JadeyL 

Has this situation just started or has it been fine in the past or is this a new contract  ?

Or Have you ported in from another network  ?

This may help.

How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-voicemail.

Using-our-network/Voicemail.

Also try canceling all diverts via launching your phone app and  Dial ##002# and press call or send then turn your voicemail back On and try again.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help with your voicemail.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter can too.

Account access isn't available via this forum.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

To extend the amount of rings before your voicemail kicks in.

How-do-I-increase-the-time-before-a-call-goes-to-voicemail.

Current Phone  >

Hi @bandsofbrothers

I turned my voicemail off and on again,  followed the adviced areas for the canceling all diverts via launching your phone app and the ring extension article and it's now working!

Thank you very much for the help!

BandOfBrothers

My pleasure @JadeyL 

Glad your voicemail is now working.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @JadeyL 

I would put this problem down to a SIM fault or network issue.

The first thing to try is updating the SIM on the network.  This is done by removing the SIM and giving it quick wipe on a clean soft cloth, replace the SIM, go to your network settings, more, mobile networks, do a network search and select an alternative network, wait for it to kick you out and select Vodafone UK. 

However, you may well find you will benefit from a replacement SIM from a Vodafone Store and this may sort out the problem.

There is further self help and information for you here: Network Issues