Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phishing pay as you go

Alfredrsharpe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been on pay as you go for more than ten years. I never received any payment scams.

Now that I am on monthly payment, I have received text messages and emails telling me my debit is no longer valid.

Has anyone on pay as you go received these scams? Seems rather suspicious to me. Is there insider fraud at Vodafone?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Alfredrsharpe 

The first thing to do is to put the text message number on the look up tool here: Vodafone number used for calling . If you click on the top of the mail you will be able to see the address the where the email originated.  If this is a phishing attempt forward the number onto 7726 as recommended by Ofcom here: Ofcom - Spam texts 

If you used a registered card for your PAYG top ups, this may be due to you now being on pay monthly.

The Social Team will have the necessary account access and they can be contacted through the social channels here: Contact Us 

You are missing my point. I am talking about possible Vodafone insider involvement in this.

I changed from PAYG to Pay Monthly on 17th March. On 30th March I received a phishing text message about a problem processing my payment. Unfortunately I believed it was from Vodafone and have lost a lot of money as a result. 

It is these "coincidences" that I am suspicious about. 

AnnS

Indeed yes @Alfredrsharpe and i can see you raised this here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Text-Message-from-Vodafone-Unable-to-Process-Payment/m-p...

Speak to the Social Team through Twitter/Facebook channels and they will investigate this for you.

How do I contact the Social Team? I'm very new to the Forum and don't know my way around. 

Hi @Alfredrsharpe 👋 You can contact our social teams by clicking here and following the links within 😊

Thank you