Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone from Upgrade Blacklisted - over 2 weeks waiting

Croul
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How is possible is Vodafone send Blacklisted phone ? ? I Spoke with customer Service 5 Times. First Time they take me PUK code. Second Time NUC.  Last three Times they confirmed is Phone Blacklisted and promise to sord this in 48 hours. Now is over 2 weeks and phone is still blocked. Can anyone explain me why is So dificult for this network to sord this ?? 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Croul 

That's not good.

A Puk is if a person accidentally blocks their sim card after setting up a sim pin.

A Nuc is if you want to unlock the phone to all networks.

If your phone is imei blocked then only Vodafone customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

can lift the block.

You could also look into taking the phone back to a Vodafone Highstreet Store and insist they send it back and then you'll have to arrange for another to be sent once your account status is reset.

Edit 》 Are you within 14 days of receiving the phone when this happened ?

Can you eloberate a little please.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes. Is about 1 month when I got this phone. 3 Times customer Service sent msg to technical team to unblacklist this phone. Always they said up to 48 hours. Should I ho yo Police and report is Vodaphone send me stolen or insurance fraud phone  ?? I dont have any idea now. 

BandOfBrothers

I don't think the police can help here as the phone isn't stolen but instead has been caught up in being incorrectly blacklisted.

If this had been me I would have taken the phone to a Vodafone Highstreet Store straighaway and asked them to arrange for it to be sent back,  and then had my account reset to pre upgrade status and then upgraded again.

Please do try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link I added earlier as they have account access too.

They also need to sort out something for the time this has taken and the inconvenience.

Current Phone  >

Last Time i Spoke via this chat. This Guy promised me personally sort this in 24 hours. That was in Wensday Morning. Still blocked. Its shame for Vodaphone to do something like that. I been 8 years in Three, newer any problems, now after 1 year here something like that :Sad_face:

In HighSt Store they send me to sort this in Customer Service :Sad_face:

BandOfBrothers

@Croul wrote:

Last Time i Spoke via this chat. This Guy promised me personally sort this in 24 hours. That was in Wensday Morning. Still blocked. Its shame for Vodaphone to do something like that. I been 8 years in Three, newer any problems, now after 1 year here something like that :Sad_face:

In HighSt Store they send me to sort this in Customer Service :Sad_face:

Yes because they can't help remove an imei block at Store level. It has to be customer service via the routes I've mentioned  

I appreciate this is frustrating for you.

Current Phone  >

They dont explain me why is Blacklisted. But probably because Phone was sent to wrong adress. Next was sent back  by this people to vodafone. And after this was sent to me. I gues is this is reason why was Blacklisted. I tried 3 different sim cards. All can't register to network.

This is report from some website:

Model: HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
IMEI: 869************
Manufacturer: HUAWEI
Blacklist Status: BLACKLISTED
Blacklisted By: VODAFONE Ltd
Blacklisted On: 2019-09-13 16:35:29
Blacklisted Country: United Kingdom
Last Activation Country: United Kingdom

BandOfBrothers

If the phone was sent to the wrong address then it's common practice for the network to blacklist it just incase they have an issue getting it back.

I wouldn't then have thought they'd send that very same phone out to you. I would have thought it would be a sealed new different unit.

A weird unusual set of events here indeed.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Croul 

Have you tried a different Vodafone SIM in this phone?  If you are using the same SIM prior to upgrading, sometimes a SIM works perfectly in the previous phone but starts to do some strange things in a new phone, it might just be worth taking this phone into a Vodafone store and let them take a look and try a different SIM.

Not sure how Vodafone could send out an IMEI blocked phone as an upgrade, it has been known for someone to accidentally type in an incorrect IMEI number and block a wrong phone.

As it has been a month now, Customer Services should have requested the return of the phone, with a replacement sent to you immediately.