Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone locked by Vodafone Protect

Fedup1956
2: Seeker

I have been using my old Motorola phone when I am in South Africa with no problem.  This phone was bought SiM free/unlocked and had a monthly contract with VF until May 2016.   I then left VF permanently in September 2017.   So at Xmas time the SIM was removed to validate another SIM and then the phone was locked.  I wasted over two weeks communicating by private messages with VF on twitter and was promised I would be sent an unlock code but nothing came and all I got was inconsistent messages from employees who just wrote anyhting as obviously did not know how to respond. ( I have the communication available and it would make good material for training)  I then sent a complaint to VF and was told it is to do with my phone and my complaint has  been closed.  Today I connected the phone to my computer and got the furthest as was able to tap on forgotten pin (previously tapping on forgotten pin nothing happened) and the message received was an email with a pin has been sent to me but two hours later nothing has come through and of course I check SPAM and the bin.  I cannot do anything with the phone, not even switch if off so have to run down the battery and recharge.   There is no point in me putting the SIM into another phone as it is a South African SIM and might not work here,  So where is the email with the code to unlock the phone. ?   Please understand my frustration as am just not making any progress and have wasted time, 

3 REPLIES 3

Fedup1956

I have been using my old Motorola phone when I am in South Africa with no problem.  This phone was bought SiM free/unlocked and had a monthly contract with VF until May 2016.   I then left VF permanently in September 2017.   So at Xmas time the SIM was removed to validate another SIM and then the phone was locked.  I wasted over two weeks communicating by private messages with VF on twitter and was promised I would be sent an unlock code but nothing came and all I got was inconsistent messages from employees who just wrote anyhting as obviously did not know how to respond. ( I have the communication available and it would make good material for training)  I then sent a complaint to VF and was told it is to do with my phone and my complaint has  been closed.  Today I connected the phone to my computer and got the furthest as was able to tap on forgotten pin (previously tapping on forgotten pin nothing happened) and the message received was an email with a pin has been sent to me but two hours later nothing has come through and of course I check SPAM and the bin.  I cannot do anything with the phone, not even switch if off so have to run down the battery and recharge.   There is no point in me putting the SIM into another phone as it is a South African SIM and might not work here,  So where is the email with the code to unlock the phone. ?   Please understand my frustration as am just not making any progress and have wasted time, 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If all else fails with removing Vodafone Protect then you could hard reset it to take it back to the last firmware update but this can and will delete your information from the phone. 

Google 'Hard Reset followed by your model of phone.'

If the phone is truly factory unlocked then no network would lock it out to only use their sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see we were unable to provide you with a resolution when you contacted us previously regarding your unlock code @Fedup1956.

So we can help with unlocking your phone, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch.

In regards to the Vodafone Protect app, this was closed on 31 March 2017 and replaced with the Secure Net app. Did you request a replacement password before this date to continue accessing Vodafone Protect? More information can be found through our support page.