Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone sending numbers off temp number??

atreyu
1: Seeker

I've been with vodafone for 2 months after switching from a Tesco rolling contract and porting my number across.

After all this time I seem to have had a weird issue arrise. 

When I text my other half sometimes the message is coming off a different number, now I can only assume this is the tempary number that came with the vodafone SIM. Other times it comes off my correct ported number.

I'm reluctant to get messed around and waste time phoning up generic call centres.

Is there someone that can help me directly with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Customer service on 191 can ask the Vodafone porting in Teams to double check your porting files have fully settled and isn't what's called a Split Port although it should have settled by the timeframe you mention @atreyu

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have spent hours and hours on useless live chat sessions and on 191 and still after 4 weeks I still am unable to receive calls and text from EE and BT users. This is frustrating as I'm self employed but have a contract with a firm who's employees are issued with EE handsets. I'm not able to work efficiently and this is down to the incompetence of Vodafone. I'm going to terminate my contract and move to EE.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Syd1673, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're having since your port.

This doesn't sound like a split service issue, what phone are you using at the moment? It could be that the details of your temporary number are still saved in your settings.

AnnS

Hi @atreyu

This question has been asked before.   Here is one thread I have found: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Keep-my-number-problem/td-p/2585598

When you have been making calls and sending texts from your ported number, this won't be a porting issue, it will be due to your phone still using information from the previous SIM prior to porting.  If you are using the same SIM in the phone used with the number prior to your number porting over, the first thing to try will be a SIM swap from a Vodafone store but you may be looking at a factory reset to clear the phone of any bugs from the temporary number.

If you have followed the advise in the link and still have problems, please come back to the forum and the team will do all they can to help.