Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone sent for repair

Eddie84
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

My phone has been sent for repair for the 3rd time for the same fault (corner of the screen lifting after they made a repair to the speaker) 

Just checked the status of the repair and it says "repair outcome : send for quotation" just wondering what this means, am i going to be recieving a quote to repair my phone?

Ive got a complaint open due to the number of times they have failed to repair the phone, and to say im not impressed with the complaints team is an understatement.

Any info of the outcome discription would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Eddie84

It will be some internal communication for the departments to be aware of what's happening with the phones status I'm assuming. 

However as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the section titled "Repair or replace" >

"If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. "

Perhaps use the link to gain more insight on how you stand. 

Of course it's entirely up to you how you wish to proceed.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the info, will have a read upon my rights.

I've got a voice mail from the customer care/complaints team to play to the store manager. Its really unprofessional and sounds like a joke call from the TV program Phone Jacker. I've never had an issue wiwi  Vodafone till now but it's made me think twice when it comes to my renewal. 

hrym

I'm slightly concerned that "send for quotation" might mean that they're about to ask you to pay for this on the grounds that it's damage.   If it occurred after a previous repair, that would be down to them, I'd have thought.

Hang on for the forum team here, as they'll be able to get to the bottom of this and get it resolved.

Hi, I've had the same statement showing on my repair tracker for the past couple of days - did you ever get any clarification from the forum team or from Vodafone itself? 

Thanks.

Yes, turns out they wanted to charge me! 

If you have any trouble i would deal with your in store team, mine have been fantastic. 

Thanks for the update - I was afraid of that!