cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3 and 3XL pre orders, when are they actually coming?

wrf
2: Seeker

So previously the pre orders for the 3 and 3XL stated November 1st. Since about mid-week this week the timeline actually changed to 4-6 weeks so, end of November at the earliest. I'm sure that some of the older pre-orders will probably be affected by this change too, as clearly its a big change.

When are the earliest pre-orders being delivered? Are you still planning to honour the November 1st date for anybody? I contacted customer service and was told "Your phone will definitely come but we can't estimate when", so clearly that's useless.

I'm happy to cancel and just take the 60gb deal EE is offering, and I'm also happy to wait, I just want transparancy. If there's no transparancy I will be complaining and reporting to the ombudsmen at first opportunity.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

wrf

So after a slightly more productive live chat today I was told that my order is "under processing" and i'll receive tracking from dpd in the next 24 hours. we'll see how that transpires. 

Not a single thing I was told by the live chat agent turned out to be true. I even asked for my call recording in accordance with GDPR and didn't receive a response when I was told I'd receive one. They also refused to send me any kind of confirmation or summary via email or text. A formal complaint will be made.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wrf I'm sorry to hear there's been little clarity on your Pixel pre-order 👎 Have you received a unique order reference number yet? If so, have you tried to use this reference to track your order online using our Order Tracker?

Yes I have. It's an EDM code which the tracker says is invalid.

wrf, did your order actually turn up in the end?

I too have had issues - I have just returned from my local store, where my Pixel 3XL bundle was being sent to. They told me my order isn't there and looked like it has been cancelled!!! I have no idea what is going on, and am extremely unhappy to say the least. I pre-ordered mine on the 9th, as soon as the website allowed pre-orders to take place.

My monthly phonebill is not insignificant, 3 mobiles and a tablet device. This may be the last straw for my future with Vodafone.

No it didn't. Yesterday I was texted that it's delayed but with no ETA whatsoever for when it'll actually be delivered, and a cheap wireless charger as 'compensation'. Your case sounds shocking though, no way that they should be randomly cancelling orders like that, I'd definitely start the formal complaints process

Thanks for your reply.

I have been told by the store that a bundle is turning up at the store tomorrow, they don't know whether it is mine or not at the moment though. I will definitely be making a formal complaint about this.

Hopefully you get some information on yours soon, and better compensation than the cheap wireless charger!

Still waiting with no ETA. Complaint has been filed

wrf,

I have the same situation as you. Mine is an upgrade though. 

How did you complain and how did you get the wireless charger as compensation. 

Cheers

Neil