Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 






Please Help! No one at vodafone could solve this

2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just finished a 2year sim only plan. Business customer. I’ve been trying to renew to another sim only 2 year contract (which I believe vodafone calls an “upgrade”) for weeks. Each time sales or upgrade team puts an order for the new plan it fails, order just never goes through for some backend reason. Business care team or retention team cannot understand what the problem is. Once or twice I’ve been told that “if a super user disconnects and reconnects the account it might work” but either they haven’t done it or they were unsuccessful. No one has disconnected as far as I know


when people promised call backs, it never happened


basically I’m now on a rolling contract which I don’t want to stay on


moving the number to another operator is an option but vodafone has a better global roaming plan. but I simply can’t get on that new plan… i wish they don’t abuse our time. Today I spent in total over 4 hours on the phone, one call itself was 2h 46 min typically back and forth between care and upgrade team, and a LOT of holding


can anyone help PLEASE?


17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Really as your on a Vodafone Business Plan it's the job of your Business Account Manager to get this sorted @Lastofus 

There is no account access via this forum.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM maybe abke to help and guide you however as they do have access if you contact them this way.


I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 


Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.



11: Established
11: Established

Having gone through this process myself, it's was fairly smooth - I'm not sure why they've not been able to get it sorted for you.

How it was explained to me is that if the system doesn't complete a previous order correctly, it can sometimes end up with seeing that you have 2 lines with the same phone number, or an order stuck in open, or just something plain weird that the system doesn't understand while it's upgrading and a disconnect/reconnect puts it on a clean slate.

Idk if you've been given the timescales or how long it's been, I was told it would normally take a couple of days and I'd lose service for up to half an hour, and that worst case it would be 5 days and I'd lose service for up to 48 hours (something to do with the re-connection order sometimes taking that long to complete after being submitted, it's a manual process) unless it had to be escalated further - I got the impression that "SuperUsers" are just the frontline's gotos when it comes to any issues, but are still limited in what they can do.

If you don't mind us asking, are you a sole-trader or a limited company, I know limited companies are still on the older style plans so are probably easier to fix.