Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor customer service

Bretherton322
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have called Vodafone for the 3rd time, so now took 60 days for SARs request. Also asked for ID, which they are not meant to ask for also. This means that after speak to 4 different agent all of them not know and Vodaphone website states 40 days. Come on Vodafone get your act together. I then speak to Vodafone complaint who state CR dept refuse to take the call and ask me to fill in the for agin and wait 30 days again. This is not acceptable POOR POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FORM CUSTOMER SERVICE AMD. CUSTOMER RELATIONS. Then next to be told by a complaints agent CR don't know what they are doing and something about a chocolate house. I least this person understands SARs. Was fed up by this time and let's see if a get my SARs in writing. 

For people that need to know the correct process for SARs use the link below. TILL VODAFONE GET FINE BY ICO, they will never learn

To vodafone, I DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM if a compentent person wants to speak to me then call me

Guidelines are as follows.
icoorguk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
At a glance
Individuals have the right to access their personal data.
This is commonly referred to as subject access.
Individuals can make a subject access request verbally or in writing.
You have one month to respond to a request.
You cannot charge a fee to deal with a request in most circumstances.

Example

An organisation receives a request on 30 March. The time limit starts from the next day (31 March). As there is no equivalent date in April, the organisation has until 30 April to comply with the request.

If 30 April falls on a weekend, or is a public holiday, the organisation has until the end of the next working day to comply.

For practical purposes, if a consistent number of days is required (eg for operational or system purposes), it may be helpful to adopt a 28-day period to ensure compliance is always within a calendar month.

Can we extend the time for a response?
You can extend the time to respond by a further two months if the request is complex or you have received a number of requests from the individual. You must let the individual know within one month of receiving their request and explain why the extension is necessary.

However, it is the ICO's view that it is unlikely to be reasonable to extend the time limit if:

it is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
an exemption applies; or
you are requesting proof of identity before considering the request.

1 REPLY 1

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bretherton322 I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience with us and you're having difficulty receiving your Subject Access Request, after this period of time. We'd love the opportunity to turn this around and get things sorted for you. So we're able to take a closer look into this or give you a call if this is your preferred method of contact, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.