Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting issues. Virgin to Vodafone

Tim1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,
I swapped contracts from virgin to Vodafone a month ago and had my number ported over. Anyone who has a contract with virgin or EE (I believe they use the same network) who try to ring me get forwarded straight to a virgin voicemail. My phone doesn't even ring, so I don't even have a notification of a missed phone call. Yet strangely enough I still receive the voicemails. I have been getting really frustrated as I've been on the phone with both Vodafone and Virgin support for probably over 10 hours in total and nothing has been sorted. They keep saying they are handing it over to their technical teams and to wait 48 hours. As most of my family are on virgin it means they can't contact me and as I use the phone sometimes for work, it's getting to the point where I'm thinking I should cancel my contract. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? I believe I'm in my rights to have the contract cancelled if this doesn't get sorted soon and not have to pay for leaving early. Help!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This sounds like a Split Port @Tim1234 which is where not all the porting in files have completed successfully. 

Vodafone Customer Services should escalate this to their porting teams to resolve. 

A person has a 30 Day Cooling Off Period with Vodafone under their Network Satisfaction Guarantee. Hopefully you won't need to use this and Vodafone resolve this fast for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Tim1234

Vodafone should have sorted this problem out within the first week, not left you without being unable to receive calls for a month, it's poor service on behalf of Vodafone and you have been patient for long enough.  

As you have been through the Customer Service and Porting Team without success, this will be one for the Team here to pick up and get your number fully on the network.

Give them time to get to the thread, the forum Team will get this sorted for you.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey Tim

I had exactly the same problem when I ported my number into Vodafone from BT Mobile (again uses the EE network) a couple of months ago.

In theory, the gaining provider (Vodafone) should have owned this but it was only when I escalated within the porting team did I begin to see movement. 

In my case, the delay was caused by Vodafone not sending BT a certain file that says it's OK to port the number. They'd done everything else but the missing file, Vodafone were adamant it was BT's responsibility to provide.

It turns out the original owing network of a number have to provide a file to complete the porting. In my case it was originally a Vodafone number (a fact that Vodafone had missed) so it was only when they realised this and supplied the file to BT that the port was fully completed. Not had any problems since.

Only shared this with you as it's something worth confirming to the port team. The original owner of the number before it ever ported anywhere.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to look into this for you @Tim1234.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team directly. We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I was private messaged and told that my query was account specific so needed to contact the team directly. I did this a week ago and still no response. Brilliant. Probably looking at cancelling my contract now as this is getting beyond a joke.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tim1234 - We want to help you and get this resolved.

It sounds like you’ve replied to @Tash's private message, as this would be the auto reply you'd get (we’re unable to reply to personal private messages on the Community due to the amount of customers we deal with).

I’ve sent you another private message. Please click on the message you receive and click the word ‘here’.

This will then take you to the form to fill and email. :smileyhappy: