Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting open state issues

Dtlewis1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I'm looking to get some help please with a o2 to Vodafone porting issue. It should have been completed by yesterday but I'm having nothing but issues.

My new number is showing when I call out yet I can't send txts or log into my online Vodafone account or app 

I've contacted Vodafone chat a number of times and fobbed off called the porting team and again fobbed off

im a new customer to Vodafone and I'm really tempted to just return the sim only account and go back to o2 

Any help or advice would be great I'm simply told it's stuck in a open state 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If you set up your myvodafone when you were given a Vodafone mobile number temporarily while waiting to port then you'll need to set up a new myvodafone using a different email address and password.

In regards to texts not working I would suggest to either do a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on and kr go into the phones settings and choose another network and then we choose Vodafone  

Sometines a split port can happen where klt all the files have properly completed which has to be escalated to the Vodafone Porting In Teams via customer services on 191 or Live Chat.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the quick reply I'm very grateful I've tried the soft reboot a number of times yesterday and today and also tried the selection of a different network to no difference 😔

With regards to the Vodafone app for instance  I've deleted it and reinstalled it turned off the WiFi like it states and I get the error message SORRY THERE IS TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES try again in 10 seconds and it's been like this since yesterday so I have no idea on data usage etc 

@Dtlewis1984 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply I'm very grateful I've tried the soft reboot a number of times yesterday and today and also tried the selection of a different network to no difference 😔

With regards to the Vodafone app for instance  I've deleted it and reinstalled it turned off the WiFi like it states and I get the error message SORRY THERE IS TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES try again in 10 seconds and it's been like this since yesterday so I have no idea on data usage etc 

You're very welcome @Dtlewis1984 

Have you tried the online myvodafone too ?

As I mentioned earlier please do.consider setting up a new myvodafone credentials using a different email address and password too.

Let us know how you get on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Dtlewis1984 

I have now had time to read your reply.

If you have set up a new account for your ported number as the Application runs with the online account, this should follow. I suspect part of the problem could be due to the number only just ported over and there being no billing or account information to view, if you wait until the following bill has been received and you are out of the pro ratered period for the number change may have more success logging into the Application.

It would also be worth mentioning that now the number has ported, your account will be billed on a pro ratered basis and you will receive a credit for line rental paid in advance for the number used prior to porting.

If problems persists, this will be something where the Social Media Team will be able to help, they will able to let you know how to make contact for the necessary account access.

AnnS

Hi @Dtlewis1984 

As far as logging into your online account and application is concerned, if you set up the account with a number used prior to porting the account and application will be with this number, this is going to mean opening a new account for your ported number.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to use any information associated with the previous account and will need to use fresh information for your user name, password and alternative email address.

It will also be necessary to remove and uninstall the application from the phone and download a new application when the online account is set up. After downloading, in order to locate your account, the first log in needs to do done over a mobile WiFi connection. Sometimes it is necessary to do a factory reset of the phone to remove any stored history of the previous number.

If you are unable to send text messages, the first thing to look at will be the message settings.  The message centre number should be +447785016005.   Further information her: Text Messaging Support

@Dtlewis1984 

If you are using an iphone, before reinstalling to the phone, you will also need to uninstall from your Apple account.