Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting

richardajowsey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ported my personal number to a business account when I joined the company. I have now left and want my personal number back to my own personal account. My company is refusing. What options do I have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're very welcome for my reply. 

I hope your previous employer see sense and help you with your request. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You can only take control of the number if it's on an account in your name as the account holder. 

Speak to your previous companies HR Department or even the CEO / complaints procedure if necessary. 

Vodafone won't move the number for anyone else apart for the account holder. 

Current Phone  >

Many thanks. I'm not the account holder and the CEO is questionable thus why I no longer work there. In essence its stolen.

You're very welcome for my reply. 

I hope your previous employer see sense and help you with your request. 

Current Phone  >

Appreciated. He is intent on disrupting my life and restricting my ability to work and stealing my contacts.  An unfit Director and CEO. My phone number is critical to the family.

I imagine some companies will have a policy to not let you take a number when you leave as it could be used to take business away from the company. Depending on the size of the company, is there a policy on it and has anyone else managed to do it?

Its a one-man band with a vision of grandeur and self-importance. The rules are what he dictates. 

What I find interesting this is a personal ported number, so it is not the number I was issued with the contract, it's my number I ported across. Vodafone had no problem porting a number across on my instruction but have a problem porting it back out. Seems odd to me.

AnnS

Hi @richardajowsey

Complete the form I linked, it will make you liable for any time remaining on the contract, this is your personal number and it would be unreasonable for your ex boss to refuse.  From his point of view, it's less money going out from the company account.

That's probably because both parties ie you and him were in agreement for you to move your number to his business account so Vodafone would have followed that instruction. 

The issue now is both parties are not in agreement and on paper the number is now on a Business Account I assume in his name. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @richardajowsey

Unless the account is Corporate where you would use a PAC code to transfer the number, this should be simple and easy enough for your previous company to do for you but it's going to need to be done by a change of ownership.  This means once the number is transferred to personal, you would be responsible for any time remaining on the contract.  It may be that your ex boss did not understand the process or know easy this would be to complete enabling you to have the return of your personal number.

If you complete your section of the form below and forward this onto the company, your ex boss only needs to complete his part.  When the transfer is complete, you will receive details from Vodafone that the contract is now in your name and your ex boss will also receive a letter to confirm he has no further responsibility towards the business contract.

Transferring your number and agreement