Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possibly Mis-Sold Contract

ChrisUK92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

I, as possibly many, took out a new contact for the upcoming S10+.

This contract came in at £74.50 per month - the contract I took out required the amount of data I need (100GB - don't judge!).

Anyhow - I checked my March Bill and it's coming up at £83.00 - I did take out insurance with the phone (£8.50) but I, and a witness (my partner) asked the staff member twice, if £74.50 was the final amount and that figure included the insurance. 

The answer was 'Yes' twice.

Have I been mis-sold my contract? I'm now paying out more per month, which is plus the insurance cost, but not at the agreed price.

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ChrisUK92 

When you take out a contract, you will be charged pro ratered for the first months bill, that means to bring you in line with the billing date, you will be charged one months line rental in advance, plus some extra days.  The following months bill will be for the agreed price.

If you have the My Vodafone Application on the phone, this will give the monthly line rental you will be paying as will your online account.

The best thing to do is to check the billing dates, this will give the exta days line rental charges.  There is further information here: First Bill

Hi @Anns

The figure billed (£83.00) is £74.50 (contract) plus the insurance (£8.50) - this seems massively too coincidental to be a pro-rata.

Can you clarify? - You're telling me the figure will correct itself? - The bill date was generated today. (03/03).

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @ChrisUK92 

Insurance is very often given free for the first three months and this would be something to clarify with Customer Services.

However, if you were paying for the insurance the same pro ratered charging would apply, you would be charged one full month for the insurance plus extra days.  Insurance would also be itemised on your bill.

The best thing to do is to contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels and let them go through the March bill with you. 

Thanks Anns

I've been trying to contact Vodafone all day (since 10AM) - their LiveChat seems to be down (always showing as 'busy' - even though I've been in a holding queue for 2 hours) and the call queue is insane. I'll keep trying though. Thanks again.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you post a copy your Bill then Someone will clarify what you have been charged.

Make sure you remove all personal information is redacted. like your Name/MobileNumber/Address.