Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem registering

CaffW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I ported my number over from Virgin.  When I try to register on my vodafone app it says 'We can't match that number against a contact on your account.  Please note this needs to be a number registered on your account'.

Can anyone advise what I need to do? Or what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When did the port in complete @CaffW

I ask because if it was recent the files may still be settling with Vodafone Systems still seeing your ported in number as a Virgin mobile number. 

Perhaps give it a few more days if all this was recent. 

If you made an Account using a temporary mobile number Vodafone gave you then you'll probably need to set up a new myvodafone account using a new emails address and password. 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,  it was ported over 11 days ago.  I didn't make any account on the temporary number as I knew I wouldn't use it.

I will contact 191 as you suggest, or go into the store.

Thanks for your help.

AnnS

Hi @CaffW

As you have already tried registering, try clearing your PC cache and cookies, very often it's a cookie preventing registration, also try from an alternative browser.

However, if you still have problems,  if you don't mind waiting, the forum team will pick up the thread and help to get your online account registered.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CaffW Please let us know how you got following your visit to store or call to us. We're here to help should you need any further assistance :Smiling:

Hi

I didn't get on very well I'm afraid.  All of the areas that the techie in the store tried, were accessible and I couldn't remember which bit I couldn't get into!! :Hmm_Face:  I have tried since I got home and will remember when I go back to the store.  It's not a major problem so it can wait. Thanks.