Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Unlocking Phone

Lisamarie247
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was with Vodafone for several years but have just move to BT. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S5 for 2 years and so emailed nuc resolutions for the unlocking code, which was sent promptly. The code did not work though and I got the message  "unlock request unsuccessful" several times.  I emailed nuc resolutions several times and mainly got automated responses.  Suddenly my SIM was accepted but after 2 days my phone is locked again. Nuc resolutions are ignoring my emails now. Customer services were awful when I originally contacted them, telling me to contact Samsung. In store say they can't help me and now I'm at the end of my tether! I need to be easily contacted by my children's nursery and school but I am only able to communicate via whatsapp if I have wifi.  Please could somebody advise me what I should do now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lisamarie247

If your phone accepted the BT SIM card as a result from unlocking process then the unlocking should have held. It does not typically re lock at all  !

Samsung wouldn't help with a Network supplied locked phone so the advice to approach them was poor.  :Sad_face:

It is the Nuc Department that needs to help you with this as it's them that investigate this situation. I appreciate you've tried to ring them. 

Do not fill out too many unlocking requests as this could lead Vodafone to flag this as a possible fraud situation. 

Customer Service by phone or Live Chat can help with the request too. 

The employees in a Highstreet Store will not have access either. 

Does your BT Sim Card work Ok in another phone ?

If so and if this was my situation I'd go the Vodafone Payg route to try and unlock it. It's free to unlock on Payg too. 

This entails....

• Picking up a Vodafone Payg SIM card. 
  • Activate it and add a minimum top up. 
  • Use the SIM card in the phone making calls etc for a minimum of 30 days. 
  • Request the phones Unlocking using the Vodafone Payg details. 

One very last resort could be to pay a Mobile Phone shop / market trader to unlock the phone but I must point out there are risks going down this avenue such as the phone not working properly on the original network it was locked to again and sometimes the unlocking can fail. Do not use an online unlocking site because in my experience if unlocking fails getting a refund isn't easy and again the code(s) don't always work. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Lisamarie247

If your phone accepted the BT SIM card as a result from unlocking process then the unlocking should have held. It does not typically re lock at all  !

Samsung wouldn't help with a Network supplied locked phone so the advice to approach them was poor.  :Sad_face:

It is the Nuc Department that needs to help you with this as it's them that investigate this situation. I appreciate you've tried to ring them. 

Do not fill out too many unlocking requests as this could lead Vodafone to flag this as a possible fraud situation. 

Customer Service by phone or Live Chat can help with the request too. 

The employees in a Highstreet Store will not have access either. 

Does your BT Sim Card work Ok in another phone ?

If so and if this was my situation I'd go the Vodafone Payg route to try and unlock it. It's free to unlock on Payg too. 

This entails....

• Picking up a Vodafone Payg SIM card. 
  • Activate it and add a minimum top up. 
  • Use the SIM card in the phone making calls etc for a minimum of 30 days. 
  • Request the phones Unlocking using the Vodafone Payg details. 

One very last resort could be to pay a Mobile Phone shop / market trader to unlock the phone but I must point out there are risks going down this avenue such as the phone not working properly on the original network it was locked to again and sometimes the unlocking can fail. Do not use an online unlocking site because in my experience if unlocking fails getting a refund isn't easy and again the code(s) don't always work. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I've just put my SIM into an unlocked phone and it didn't work. I've also put a different SIM into my phone and that didn't work. So my phone is still locked and my SIM isn't working either by the looks of it.

I'll try the PAYG route or pay a 3rd party.

Thanks again.

Lisa 

I applied to have my iPhone 6s unlocked on the 7th of this month by filling in an online application on the Vodafone site under the guidance of a Vodafone agent during an online chat. He assured me that it would take no more than 3-5 working days. When that didn't happen I contacted nucresolutions. They asked me for my phones IMEI number which I had already supplied to the agent on the 7th. I sent it and waited. Still nothing. Every time I try to contact nucresolutions I get the same robot reply. I am currently paying EE for a contract I cannot use and having read the threads on this forum It seems that I am going to be sent round in circles for weeks. What shameful service. I was even called a liar by one agent in an online chat! Unbelievable! If there is a moderator reading this I can send a transcript of the chats so far. My case number is #17398101.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Spitz1 So we can help with your unlock request, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team.

I am having exactly the same problem! I have moved from Vodafone to BT but cannot use my new sim card as the phone is locked. Vodafone sent me a code to unlock it but it did not work. I have live chatted with them now 5 times and even sent an email to their unlocking department - still nothing. As I had my number ported across to BT, I can't use my phone and am paying BT for their mobile service which I cannot use as I can't unlock my 'phone. Vodafone should be ashamed, their service is absolute rubbish, I would never use them again.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alison-ellis I'm sorry to hear that your phone hasn't been unlocked for you yet. So we can take a look into the progress of this for you and help to get this resolved, please contact our team through the details I've given in the private message I've sent to you.

Disgraceful state of affairs from Vodaphone.  I am having exactly the same problem as all above, having paid off my phone long ago i am now unable to use it and no one seems capable of unlocking it!  Buying a new sim card and being forced to continue and pay with vodaphone for another month whilst paying a seperate network is NOT a suitable or fair fix for this.  I will never use vodaphone again and discourage all i know from doing the same.