Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with registering to 'My Vodafone'

pboyall
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Anyone else having a problem registering with "My Vodafone"?

I've had my contract a month and a half and ported my number a month ago.  If I register with my actual phone number it tells me " "We can't find your details. We can't match that number against a contact on your account. Please note this needs to be a number registered on your account""

If I use the original number that came with the contract, prior to porting my number, it tells me " 491 - [Error ref 1n2]"

I've tried on both the website and on the App itself, using mobile data and wifi.  So have tried to elimate the possible errors!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Sometimes clearing the cache and data of the app and browser can help @pboyall

And turning Off wifi and using the Vodafone network mobile data to set up myvodafone too.

It does sound that because you've ported your own number to the network then Vodafone systems are not seeing it yet as a Vodafone number.

It should be by now !

If that's the case then Vodafone customer service on 191 or Live Chat can escalate this to the Vodafone Porting teams.

Just to add that if a person has set up a myvodafone account using the temporary number then they will need to set up a new myvodafone account using a different email address and password.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Sometimes clearing the cache and data of the app and browser can help @pboyall

And turning Off wifi and using the Vodafone network mobile data to set up myvodafone too.

It does sound that because you've ported your own number to the network then Vodafone systems are not seeing it yet as a Vodafone number.

It should be by now !

If that's the case then Vodafone customer service on 191 or Live Chat can escalate this to the Vodafone Porting teams.

Just to add that if a person has set up a myvodafone account using the temporary number then they will need to set up a new myvodafone account using a different email address and password.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @pboyall

The first thing to do is to start at the beginning and that is going to mean clearing all your cookies and PC cache and try registering again for your ported over number. However, if you opened an account with the number you were using prior to porting, this will mean you will need use entirely fresh information , user name, password and email address for the new account.

As soon as the online account is set up the application will follow but it is recommended to delete the application from the phone and from your icloud or Play Store account, this will enable you to download a fresh copy to the phone.

If you still have problems give the team on the forum time to get to the thread and they will help.

Thanks guys.  I did a Live Chat and they have reset my account so I can now login.   I suspect it was the port that caused the issue.

BandOfBrothers

Awesome news @pboyall and thank you for updating your thread.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >