cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems Sending & Receiving Picture Messages - iPhone (Not iMessage)

burneyboy2002
4: Newbie

Hi

I’m having issues regarding MMS/Picture Messages not sending or receiving on a IPhone 7, this has happened since I upgraded/Changed back to the Consumer side of Vodafone from Business.

I’ve contacted vodafone webchat several times regarding the issue and they keep sending me settings for my phone.

All settings correct as checked several times so I put my sim into a Samsung Galaxy S5, installed settings sent from Vodafone, tried again and got “Service Not Active On Network” & “Server Error” but they assure me it is all setup on the account but it seems there is a issue at the account end. As changing phone seemed to rule out a phone/phone settings issue.

I tried to enable and sucsesffully disables a picture message bar to check it weren’t a bar that had a issue got this message sent back: "We've now enabled your phone to receive picture messages. If you have any questions, or don't think you need this service, please speak to your company's Vodafone account administrator".

We ll from reading that SMS it seems that it thinks I’m on the business side still and seems be were there a issue, as there was a new account created on the consumer side.

Would a member of the vodafone team be able to look into this and help to sort it out as the web chat team don’t listen and just keep sending settings and say it all setup correctly at this end which it seems that there is a issue at account level.

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

It would be surprising if the APN settings on your phone weren't correct as they auto-install on setup and, by the sound of it, you've eliminated that anyway.

You could have a look at the bars on your account via My Vodadone, either on the web or via the app.  I'm pretty sure there's an MMS one, so check it isn't set - though I'd assume that customer services would have looked at that already.

If that's fine, it may be that the service is turned off on the account.  I believe it used to be by default, but it's a long time since this has arisen.  If that's the case, CS may not have looked at it.

Post back the result of the bars check and then hang on for the forum team, who'll be able to do more digging for you.  I'm assuming, btw, that this is a complete failure rather than an intermittent one?

Hi Hyrm

Thanks for your advice

I've checked and also enables and disables the bars again to see if this helps and the bars are now OFF but I have attached a photo of the messsage I get about companys vodafone account administrator as it is no longer a business number or account.

IMG_0011.PNG

even though it says the above about all been enabled it still isn't.

Yes it is a complete failure of the MMS service.

Kev

hrym

It looks as though the online account is still registered as a business one.   When I changed from business to personal (a good number of years ago), CS deleted my online account so that I could set it up again, and it would be correctly aligned.  This may be necessary in your case.   However, if you have functionality and the difference is purely cosmetic, I'd be inclined to leave well alone (if it ain't broke, don't fix it :Winking_smiley:).   If you have issues later that appear to be related to the inconsistency, you can get it done then.

Hi Hyrm

The online account was set up a fresh (New Account Number other one closed) as they deleted my number for a full 24hrs and the cancelations team put me back onto the consumer side and told me to re-register my account as old one would no longer be active. This was due to the number account been transfered from business to consumer but not been able to get the bills off, but was still on the old vodafone account system.  But saying that the email address that I used for the old account still linked to a account with no account numbers so maybe that is 1 possibility were it lies, I will wait for the Forum Team to look into this and see if they can figure anything out and probberly get them to delete the old account completely to rule that out.

Thanks anyways

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@burneyboy2002 I'm sorry to hear that your having an issues sending messages on your phone.

So we can take a closer look,  I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.