Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with a new S7 Edge

scrappysphinx
4: Newbie

Hi all, i have just received my Contract Samsung S7 Edge from Carphone Warehouse on Monday 27th March and am having issues. I can make a call and it will be fine for about the first 10 seconds and then it will start to sound like im in a underwater tunnels and then the call drops. This has been happening on every call in multiple locations. I am slo getting very slow speeds on the 4G, typically around 5-6Mbps and videos and things are buffering during playing and quality is dropping. I have checked the vodafone coverage on the website and this is showing as fine for 2g/3g/4g indoors and outdoors in my area (NG5) so i don't understand the issue. I did have a cover on the phone but have removed it and the issues are still present. At the moment i am on the verge of returning the phone and cancelling the contract as in a week i haven't been able to use it for its intended purpose. Incidentally the only call that hasn't experienced issues was when i phoned customer service to seek advice and was told its not our problem its carphone warehouse' cause thats where you got it from.

Please help.

50 REPLIES 50

Hi @scrappysphinx

Oh dear !

Calling Over WiFi is indeed reserved for eligible Samsung phones supplied by Vodafone directly although to muddy the waters it does seem from past posts that some people have had it working on their Cpw supplied phones!

If you go into your myvodafone online settings you should find this setting and is turn it off for now to see if that helps. 

Also the phone has settings under the phone icon app. Three little dots which brings up more settings and if you see the calling over WiFi toggle there also turn that off. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

scrappysphinx
4: Newbie
Just been back to a different Vodafone store and before I'd even started to describe the issue the sales advisor stopped me and told me it was that I sounded like I was underwater. He said it's a known fault with the s7 since the latest update and while Samsung and Vodafone are aware of the issue it could be a while till and update rolls out that fixes it. His recommendation was to return the phone and either choose a different handset or cancel the contract. I will be going back to the earphone warehouse tomorrow.

A known problem?

I've not come across it on the forums and blogs I frequent. 

I am using the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge on Nougat without the issue. 

Since your post I've phoned quite a few people on landlines and I'm Vodafone and other networks and asked if I sound like I'm underwater. Told all is clear. 

Plus you've tried another network sim card in your phone and was issue free !

I wish you well. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Having the exact same problem and the man at Vodafone store told me about the calls sounding like they are under water before I had a chance to tell him too as he has at least 20 people each day with that same problem. I have had this problem for over a month now. When you ring them they pretend to have not heard of the problem! It's like they have had special training for this, they will try all sorts of delaying tactics with lots of trouble shooting things to try. I've done them all, deleting cache memory, tried different sims, turned off Wi-Fi calling, full factory reset and even got a brand new replacement s7 edge yesterday. I still have the same problem. The problem is not with the phone it is with Vodaphones s7 android update so only they can fix it. I've looked on line and seen that it's affecting people in Germany too so the problem must be massive hence them not acknowledging it for fear of losing so much customers and money.

We need to let Samsung be aware that Vodafone are forcing customers to look at other brands just to be able to make calls.

Hit your social media and spread the word, as I'm doing

Hi, just a final update from me. I went back to the carphone warehouse and cancelled the contract under the 14 day returns period, they didn't even question it they just cancelled it there and then. I've not returned to o2 with an S7 Edge and having no issues at all

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dwane32 I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. So we can help with this, please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly. A member of the team will then be in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this @scrappysphinx. If there's anything we can help with in the future, please let us know.

Hi, me and my wife both have Vodafone contracts with Samsung galaxy S7 edge. After latest software update started trouble with calls, 10-15 seconds and sounds like underwater. Tried factory reset, no joy. Rang to vodafone, told to remove sim, put it back again use special code then switch to flight mode and still same problem. Almost 3 weeks now and no solution!!!!! Terrible

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rimis,

We'd like to help with this. Please follow the steps provided in the private message that I'll send to you shortly, and a member of the team will be in touch.

I too an having the exact same problems with my S7 Edge and live in Nottingham. I've had my phone around a year and no problems until this latest software update. 

Has anyone found a solution yet? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hashtag I've replied on the other thread you've posted on.