Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with my SIM

maclennan1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am unable to receive text messages on my phone,after talking with Vodafone customer services in Egypt, a very pleasant and helpful woman, she advised that my SIM card was damaged,and that's why my phone was not receiving text messages, however due to Corona viruses,all Vodafone shops are shut, so I was wondering what I could do to get new SIM...

With two stage internet security, I can't get into PayPal, Amazon etc.. even Vodafone want to send a verification text..

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone just to see if you then get texts or not.

Check your masts status and use the template in 》Network Mast Checker and Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Further help in What-should-I-do-if-I-can-t-send-or-receive-text-messages. 

Are you not getting texts from specific contacts or them all ?

Check in your myvodafone for any applicable caps.

Vodafone can send a blank sim card in the post and you perform a sim swap at home.

Ensure you ask for a Blank Sim Card.

The info is 

Sim Swap. 

Sim Swap Tool. 

What-SIM-can-I-use-for-a-SIM-swap. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks for your reply.

I've tried everything you've asked,but it does appear it is probably a SIM problem, I have tried to contact Vodafone through help centre etc.with no luck,also phone lines are very busy...so I will probably just leave it, until times get better.

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries should be able to help @maclennan1 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.