Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Promised Discount Not Showing

richardibarnes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently signed up to a new Sim Only deal with Vodafone via an online chat. In this chat I tagreed a refund on my first bills worth a month and a half as part of a deal. This has not been applied. I spoke again on the online chat (couldn't get through on the phone) and the person I spoke with couldn't access the chat records.

I have completed a Subject Access Request to get the details of the conversation but after filling in the online form, I have had no email response with confirmation it has been received or any likely timescales. 

Has anyone completed one of these forms and know how long it takes for vodafone to respond?

Thanks

Richard

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you by chance request a copy of the Chat transcript before ending the chat session @richardibarnes ?

My understanding of discount against a contract is because Vodafone can't reduce the tariff they add the discount at the bottom of the bill when it has been produced. 

Perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread and they'll help you with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I asked how I would recieve confirmation and was informed it would be via an email. The email did not contain the information. In hindsight, I should have asked but assumed the email confirmation Vodafone said would come would suffice. It did not!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @richardibarnes it can take up to 30 days to receive the SAR. If you'd like, we can look at the transcripts you had and help find a resolution (hopefully on a quicker timescale). Get in touch by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

Thanks, Adam.

I think I have sorted it via an online chat. The discount is being honoured after finding the transcripts. Dissapointing that it took asking four different people for them all of a sudden to be located?...

Cheers.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@richardibarnes I agree, it is disappointing and I can only apologise it took a little bit longer than we'd like. If you did notice anything not quite right, feel free to post back and we'd be more than happy to take a look 🙂