cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Promised a re-connection but not honoured? Instead have to pay for overdue balance?

issvoxo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Essentially this is how it happened, i recieved a letter on 7th of January 2019 from Ardent (who work in partnership with Vodafone) i paid the outstanding bill and was told my line would be re-connected in 2 working days. 2 days pass and still not been reconnected so i called vodafone and they told me that it should be reconnected and they will do it 12/24 hours. 24 hours later still not reconnected. Spoke to many advisers (web chat and phone) and they said my account is up to date and should be reconnected, promising me they would reconnect it. After numerous calls i called again on the 18th to see if any update, now the adviser is telling me i have an overdue balance i have to pay before i get reconnected. I am a student and dont live at home this is causing me a lot of unnecessary stress and getting me very agitated being cut off by advisors all i want to do is get this resolved.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @issvoxo

It's possible when the agents looked they didn't see the amount owing or it hasn't updated properly on their systems / your account.

Ardent as far as I'm aware are a Debt Collection Company.

These would only have been engaged if the bill hadn't been paid by the account holder after being contacted by Vodafone.

If I may I would suggest a Direct Debit to be set up so your Bill's can be paid for services used and then this wouldn't happen causing disconnection.

To add as this involves a debt collection company due to non payment it would be an idea to check your Credit File via Experian or one of the other Credit Houses as Vodafone may have added a default that will last 6 years causing possible difficulties with future credit applications.

This wouldn't be typically removed even when the debt has been fully paid but would instead show as settled.

I appreciate you want this resolved so Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help as well as can the Vodafone Social Media Team here if you prefer to wait until they reach your thread. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If an account has got as far as a debt collector, I believe it would have been closed and the connection terminated.   I fear you may have been misinformed about the reconnection - it's possible the agent you spoke to didn't realise that things had got as far as they had (if the bill was still on the Vodafone system, afaik, reconnection would be possible).

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@issvoxo We'll need to review your account to fully understand the status it's currently in. As this query relates to an overdue balance, I've sent you a private message which if you follow the instructions, will put you in contact with our Credit team. They'll be able to have a closer look into what's happened and make any corrective changes.