Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof Of Purchase?

STDoohan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I need to make a warranty claim for my device; there's an issue with some of them the manufacturer has acknowledged as an issue and publically stated that they will cover fixing it under the warranty. All I need it some proof of purchase of my device; something from Vodafone that says that this device of this IMEI number was sold to me. And I have been totally unable to get Vodafone to provide me with that. 

I have spoke to various customer service people, both on the phone and online, they finally pointed me to a 'proof of purchase' form that would (so it promoised) provide me with such proof once it was processed. What I recieved was a form e-mail with absolutely no proof of anything and advice that if I bought my device at a store (I didn't - I bought my device direct from Vodafone) then the store would be able to print off a new recipt. 

Can anyone tell me how to get a recipt so that (after three weeks) I can at least send my device off.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Did you put on tne form that it was Proof of Purchase that was required @STDoohan

If this was my situation I'd fill it out again or ring Customer Services for advice or let the Social Media Team here who read all posts catch up with your thread and see if they can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was given a link a specific 'proof of purchase' form to fill out; phone numebr IMEI all the good stuff, it even provided space to optionally have the results forwarded to your insurers (for use in insurance claims) so that seemed to really be the right thing to fill out. There was no space for 'comments' or anywhere that I could put anything beyond the details requested. To get a form response with literally nothing in it that helped me (and from a dead, unchecked e-mail account no less) after three days waiting was frankly an insulting level of customer service, but that's a story for another day but thus far every interaction I've had with Vodafone on this subjact has been either totally contradcitory or utterly useless. 

That's how I ended up here. I've asked multiple customer service reps for proof of purchase and now it's three weeks later and I still can't even send my phone off to get fixed for free. How can it be so hard to generate an e-mail that confirms they sold me something they know they sold me? 

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your situation. 

Maybe time for the Team here to help - hang in there a little while. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@STDoohan It does look like you've found yourself in an interesting situation 😕

We'd be happy to assist and work with you to provide everything you need to have your query resolved. 

So we're able to access your account and help out, please contact our team directly using the link in the private message I've sent 😊