Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage IMEI Sim onlycontract

Zahidmanzoor1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi is there any one can help I have called many times to Vodafone also did live chat and I am just helpless to get proof of usage as I need to provide to my Insurance company and every time Vodafone team sent me proof of purchase however I have sent an email to consumer@help also they sent me same proof of purchase but I have clearely mentioned I need proof of usage where my first and last date of simcard used dates so my claim can be processes.

If any one can help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Zahidmanzoor1

Is it this form you have used to request the info you are needing ?

How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage-or-barring.

If so and you are still no further forward with Customer Service then perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your post and they'll help you with this situation if they can.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi 

Have filled through this form quiet a few times in last 2 to 3 days but no success.....also spoken to few customer service agents and again in vain ......as a last option jumped into forum to see if I can get some help on this...

Many Thanks

ZAHID

Ok @Zahidmanzoor1

I assume the insurance company will not accept copies of your mobile phone billing ?

As I mentioned the Team here will catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No they wont....i have had a text being sent from vodafone confirming the use of handset with my number but again txt isnt acceptable and neither they are willing to send that txt as an email to me which I can forward to my insurer

Thanks

@Zahidmanzoor1 It's disappointing to hear you've had problems receiveing your proof of usage - we'll be happy to help you with this 😊

As we'll need to access your account to do so, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

Hi, 

I am having the exact same problem as Zahid. I am on SIM only and use my own handset not bought from Vodadone but require a proof of usage with the IMEI number on it. 

I filled in the proof of usage request form here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/proof-of-purchase/ on 25/03/2020 and did not receive anything after 5 days so contacted live chat at the weekend and asked for help. They said they would fill out the form on my behalf and I would have within 3 working days. Then on 05/03/2020, I had not receieved anything and I phoned customer service. They said that there is a problem with that side and that they do not provide proof of usage within IMEi number so sent me my phone bill instead. I contacted my insurance company explaining this and they today replied:

Proof of usage for your handset: Unfortunately we cannot accept a phone bill or call record as a proof of usage. Please contact your service provider to request a proof of usage document. This will need to confirm the IMEI of your device and the date & time of last usage.

This is a really bad experience as I've been without my phone for 3 weeks now and I feel extremely let down by Vodadone. Please could someone help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Numman

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nummanali We're currently aware of a delay with our customers receiving proof of usage. I'm sorry for the information you were provided previously - this can be delayed up to 30 days and will be sent to the email address you gave to us in the form. If you've not received it after this time has passed, please get back to us here.