Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RPI Increase

okecokey
5: Helper

Hi, searched Vodafone site & the Community but can't find a clear answer to my query

What date can I take out a new VF contract and be certain that the current years RPI increase has already been applied to the Monthly Cost I sign up to - I've seen comments on this forum about the RPI increase still being added to contracts taken out as late as 21st April (last year). Hope I don't have to go through the trauma of the online chat - so far 'there's no agents available' for the last 2 hours

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion caused @okecokey. The information provided by @AnnS is correct, any plan taken out after the beginning of April will contain this years RPI increase and will not incur any further changes until April 2020.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @okecokey 

The RPI increase should be applied at the beginning of April each year, and is included in the April bill.    A contract taken out now should include any tariff increase until April 2020.

All I was able to find is here:  RPI price adjustments

Hi Ann, thanks yes exactly what I found but when I searched the Community I found in the archives https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Archive/Rpi-increase-no-notice-received/m-p/2561166?advanced=false&c... which clearly says that someone who took a contract out on 21/4/2017 got the RPI added & they had no recourse. I keep trying to do a webchat but everytime I've tried I get the message 'no agents are available'

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion caused @okecokey. The information provided by @AnnS is correct, any plan taken out after the beginning of April will contain this years RPI increase and will not incur any further changes until April 2020.

Hi @Mark many thanks for confirming.