Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: free airpods with an iPhone 11!!!

RGrg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone please help me sort this out!!!

I got a new contract with Vodafone 7/12/19. When I called to cancel they said they had a good deal including free airpods when buying an iPhone 11. I stayed with them because of that.

After a month in January, I contacted them, while chatting the person said I could collect it from the store. The store said I can't collect it from them, it has to be delivered to my address. I called c/s, he said the offer was "while stock last" so it meant I might not get it. I was fuming because the only reason I stayed was when they put me on the deal they promised me I would definitely get it. He said he will  listen to phone conversations and will decide from there, so I asked to listen as well. He called me 2 weeks later but I didn't get to listen to my phone conversation as he said I am entitled to receive it.

So, he promised me I will receive it by 07/02/2020 and he called me but I still hadn't received it. Then, he said they were out of stock so I will be receiving it within 14 days. Still haven't received anything, so I chatted with Vodafone yesterday, they are saying it got delayed yet again, it's out of stock and can't give me any dates. I told her i wasn't happy and wanted to make a compliant. She said she has escalated it so I should receive call from them in 24 hours. It's over 24hrs and still no call or text from anyone.
I'm  so disgusted and disappointed with the service I have received so far. I have been loyal Vodafone cx for 10 years.  I have been lied to so many times from them and yet haven't resolved my problem. I had really hoped to get them before I went away on 20/02/2020. This has been a nightmare and stressing me out a lot, having to call, chat and chase them up. If I had known this was going to happen I could have cancelled the contract in the first place and get the airpods and iPhone directly from apple. I don't understand why they are lying and scamming customers to stay with them when they want to cancel their contract. If they can't keep up with the promise they make to customers then why make it in the first place. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I appreciate your frustrated and unimpressed with this @RGrg 

There isn't any account access via this forum anymore so you would need to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Most offers have Terms and Conditions attached as well as small print such as the while stocks last you've been informed about so it's best practice to check those and not go solely for a phone because its got a freebie with it.

A person has a 14 day cooling off period with Vodafone to cancel without penalty.

If the item is out of stock then unfortunately even the Vodafone Social Media Teams can't make one materialize however.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply, I do read term and condition. But this time, the Vodafone employee said I would definitely get it and they have promised it as well. So why have I not received it yet? I know the cooling off period is 14 days, if I had known that it could be this months long chasing up with Vodafone then I couldn't have had any contract with them. Every time I contact Vodafone, they keep saying I am entitled to and promise me that I will receive it but when ?? This is just making it worse. 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @RGrg 

I'm unsure how any employee can promise them if the T&C's say something similar to....... While Stocks Last.

That said I understand you made an informed decision to proceed on being advised as such by the agent.

We can't answer when / if you'll get these here unfortunately as we are fellow customers and as there is no account access via this forum you'll need to preserve with customer services.

I hope you get them asap.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.