cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recently had a Warranty Replacement? "CHECK YOUR BILLS - Warning - Vodafone's miscellaneous charges

gsmsecure
12: Established

Have you had a replacement device from Vodafone, whether it was a handset within warranty or a SureSignal regardless of warranty status?

If so, check your bills as you may be later charged for it!!

Around 23rd December I had a known issue with a Samsung Galaxy S5 where the screen had de-laminated internally creating a 'bubble' I contacted Vodafone who said at first the the handset was out of warranty.

They later agreed that the handset was within warranty and arranged a replacement. On the day that the replacement was due, no courier had arrived and I phoned Vodafone to find out why to be told that the person who had raised the replacement, had a few minutes after our call took it on herself to cancel it claiming that the handset was outside warranty.

This happened twice where I was assured a courier would arrive and subsequently failed and ultimately, called back to raise complaints as to messing me around waiting for couriers over Christmas that failed to arrived. Eventually they accepted warranty was December 28th and arranged the replacement.

After raising the issue to the CEO's office in respect to lack of communication and making me wait for couriers, I was given £150 compensation.

To my dismay, last week I opened a letter clearly marked "Your re-issued Vodafone Bill". On it was a line "VRS 002896752 CTN" for £120 plus vat with nothing wlse written on it.

It also stated that it was a "Quick Breakdown" and that the piece of paper was 1 of 2. There was no other piece's of paper in the envelope.

I called Vodafone to be informed that is was an invoice for an "out of warranty" replacement charge for a handset!!!

Again, after a long phone call, it was accepted that the invoice was incorrect and I was told there would be a credit raised. Two days later, my lines were suspended for non payment and called back to be informed that I owed an amount on the account from January which had not been paid.

Finally, they re established the lines and agreed to take the credit into account without having to pay the invoice.

The reason I am writing this is that I have been deeply involved with the SureSignal issue where devices are exploding:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Bu...

In agreement with Trading Standards, Vodafone agreed to replace units reported as failed due to power supply faults to exchange units for free regardless of the warranty status.

Some SureSignal users are reporting that although they have been offered free replacements, they are seeing 'miscellaneous' entries on their Vodafone bills which when questioned appears to be a bill for an "out of warranty exchange".

It appears that Vodafone are offering handsets and SureSignal devices on the pretence of being free or within warranty and later slyly adding an entry to the bill maybe in the hope it will not be noticed.

If you have had any kind of exchange whether a handset or SureSignal, keep an eye on your bills as mine appeared two months later as is with many others and may not be obvious what it is for.

Trading Standards are currently aware of my issue and if this has happened to you, please ensure you report your experience to them via Consumer Direct.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

1 REPLY 1

gsmsecure

If you have recently had a device exchanged -

- check your bills!!!

Some users who have had SureSignal devices exchanged for free regardless of warranty status due to a known issue have reported having "miscellaneous items" (up to 3 months later) added to their bills which later turns out to be an "out of warranty" replacement fee.

This recently happened to me where I had received a replacement Samsung Galaxy S5 which suffered a known fault of the screen delaminating internally. Vodafone at first claimed it was out of warranty when in fact, it was still in with a week to go.

They eventually after many arguments agreed to replace, then in February sent me an invoice claiming to be "Page 1 of 2" with no second page to highlight the details and a simple entry "VRS ****** CTN" for £120 plus vat.

I questioned this and was told I had been charged for a handset they had replaced that was outside its warranty. This was credited this week.

So, whether you have had a replacement handset within warranty or a SureSignal that VOdafone had agreed to exchange for free regardless of its warranty status, check your bills carefully...

Trading Standards are aware of this and have said they are raising it with Vodafone. If you have been billed for an in warranty replacement, you should report this to them via Consumer Direct..

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)