Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red Entertainment bundle and sharing data, second SIM

datroot
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

I currently have a 20gb Red Entertainment SIM only plan. Is it possible to have a second SIM which I could use with my laptop which shares the data allowance from my primary plan. I primarily use Wifi with the laptop but there are occasions where I am out and about where wifi isn't an option but 4g is. My ideal solution would be to use a second SIM attached to my primary account where I would be only sharing the data allowance. 

I have tried reading similar topics on the forum but can't really find anything that answers the question.

Any help much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @datroot 

As far as consumer plans are concerned, data sharer plans have been discontinued.  This is going to mean needing a separate SIM with it's own allowance for your other device..

You would be able to set up a hotspot for your computer but this won't help when you are out and about.

How do I share my device’s data connection through a personal hotspot or tethering?

If it's internet access on your laptop, it would also be worth looking at data devices.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @datroot 

As far as consumer plans are concerned, data sharer plans have been discontinued.  This is going to mean needing a separate SIM with it's own allowance for your other device..

You would be able to set up a hotspot for your computer but this won't help when you are out and about.

How do I share my device’s data connection through a personal hotspot or tethering?

If it's internet access on your laptop, it would also be worth looking at data devices.

Thanks AnnS for the reply. That's more or less what I suspected.

I had forgot about tethering with my mobile which to be honest, with my ad-hoc need, is probably my best option. So thanks for that!

Regards

Darren