Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red+ Sharer Plans

HeidiGunner
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been told that Red+ Plans are no longer being offered. I was told this last year but eventually they did sell me one. However, I have read something on here about a change in April this year. The T&Cs and FAQs are still live on the website. I am a current plan holder (of 3 years). Is the removal of Red+ Plans for new customers only or all customers? Should I be able to carry on and renew on the same terms. 

I really like having the ability to monitor my childrens useage and help eduacte them. 

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@HeidiGunner

Back in November, Vodafone introduced "My Account Controls" for multi-line accounts. As I understand it, these enable the Account Owner to be kept better informed regarding data usage of other numbers on their account, as well as giving tighter control over buying Extras. I presume that it is intended to take the place of the retired Red+ Sharer plans, which have obviously been a huge benefit to families.

You should be able to find this facility via your online My Vodafone account, and also via the App if you have updated it. As I have a PAYG account, I can offer you no clues on where exactly to find the controls, but do have a look around to see if you can locate and make sense of them! Otherwise, CS on 191 should be able to help you.

Please do come back and let us know if you have been able to locate them, and whether they are helpful to you - it sounds like an excellent idea, but I have absolutely no way of investigating for myself.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@HeidiGunner From 12 April 2017 our customers couldn't take out a Red+ Plan, join an existing Red+ group as a sharer or create a new Red+ Group. 

We're currently contacting existing customers on this plan via letter advising they'll be placed onto a newer Red Sharer price plan and retain all sharer functions. The new price plan and cost will be included in the letter and most of our customers will benefit from this change by receiving more data, minutes and texts for the same (or lower) monthly cost!

If you're an existing Red+ Leader and wanted to upgrade onto a new plan and keep Red+ sharing functionality, you'd be able to do this 🙂

If you're an existing Red+ Sharer you'd be unable to upgrade and keep Red+ functionality.

So for existing Red+ Leaders, there's minimal change apart from being unable to add other sharers and being changed to a new price plan. 

Thanks Alex.

This is the first I've heard about this, thank you. Online chat were quite clear that these features were not longer being continued. When should I receive a letter? Can I contact someone without having the letter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

This is different from what I'm getting out of customer services. Can you please clarify? Also as a RED+ Customer for years, I've NOT received such a letter.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous The information in my previous post on this thread was 100% accurate on the date of posting (18 December). If you haven't received a letter from us, I'm unsure as to why that is. 

In February 2018 we contacted a small group of our Red+ customers by post to let them know we're ending our Red+ data-sharing plan. This letter would explain in further detail that all Red+ customers will be moved onto their own price plans with their own accounts to manage. 

This means they won't be able to share data within their Red+ Group anymore, however they'll be account owners so they're able to manage their My Account Controls in My Vodafone or the My Vodafone app and control how they use their data, minutes and texts.

This change will result in our customers having more content and being able to get more data, minutes and texts from our latest price plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex 
Thank you for prompt repsonse. I've been having a look and with current offers - yes, may well end up being better value overall. - esp with the greater data amounts in the packages this year.
Spoke with CS again, and can keep Red + Sharer as is, just cannot add/change sharers. Which had been my plan to go from Red +2 to Red +3. 
Thanks again.