Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red entertainment won’t let me activate

Simonhooks81
2: Seeker
As a loyal customer of nearly 20 years, I regret having to resort to this especially considering the circumstances. 

On the 7th May I took out a new contract and phone; this included the option for a Red Entertainment plan. On the 7th I received a text say my old Spotify account had been cancelled as I was no longer on that tariff. Minutes later a text came through asking to activate and pick my new entertainment pack.   

This is when the trouble began. Since the 7th I have been unable to pick or activate an entertainment plan. I have lost count of the chats and phone calls and emails that I have had to make to Vodafone. All which have resulted in no resolution to the issue. 

I have emailed a help desk in India asking for updates 6F13EF71-CD33-4C8D-B1B2-02337FDF1EF0.png

and tried speaking to someone from your technical department yesterday; who after 3 hours of calls and call backs was told all he could do was escalate to his manager and I’d hear back in 24/48 hours. I explained I believed this had already happened a number of times, and just want to know what the issues is and when it will be fixed. 

This left me very frustrated and I phoned customer services back and spoke to someone who said the issue was still ongoing and even if I spoke to his manager it would be the same answer.  He did offer a £50 credit to the account and confirmed my NHS discount had been applied from the 11th but wouldn’t be included on this months bill. 

All I’d like to know is what the issue is and when it is likely to be fixed and why nobody can give me a straight answer. The email I  received today gives no help or indication as to when this issue will be resolved. It also does question if you are in breach of contract as you are unable to provide the service that has been paid for. I feel 3 weeks is enough time for this issue to be fixed even in the current situation. 

I look forward to your response. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Simonhooks81 

I'm not surprised your unimpressed.

Sometimes if relevant clearing caches and cookies can help but not in all cases.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum anymore so Vodafone wouldn't be able to help you from your post here.

May I assume you've upgraded ?

Please take a look at this recent thread > Pay-monthly/Being-charged-for-spotify-premium-even-though-I-ve-activited. 

I also appreciate you have tried some avenues of Vodafone Customer services.

May I suggest trying the Vodafone Social Media Teams for support.

They are very good at resolving issues.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Complaints Procedure.  

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Simonhooks81

Thanks. Tried most of them options. Not tried facebook that’s next port of call.  

@Simonhooks81, is there any way you can confirm you have actually been moved to the red entertainment plan? I have recently gone through a painful change plan experience where the plan I was moved to was not what was agreed.

If that has happened in your case, it would explain why your entertainment option wont activate. If you have the my vodafone app, there is a tab in there which shows what plan you are on. Check out if you are on entertainment plan there.

Yes I on the plan. Got emails confirming the plan. Email to the CEO has got a response.