Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reducing Contract

Ricko
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can one reduce their monthly pay contract? Ive got 2 contracts, but only using one SIM and one handset, so been wandering if i could reduce the cost on the SIM that is not being used?

Thanx for your help 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A person can change their allowances but cannot change a contract that reduces the monthly amount they pay until it's their upgrade date or at a stage for a What-s-a-Flexi-upgrade-and-how-do-I-get-one.

Other possible avenues are to....

Let a family member use the sim card and change the bank account details for that Payment so they pay for it,  but you are still responsible for payments.

Or consider a transfer of the contract to someone who wants it.

If that's agreed your no longer responsible for the payments @Ricko 

Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else.

One other option is to pay the contract off via an early termination fee. Customer service can clarify the amount. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Ricko 

If you mean paying less for your contract on a monthly basis, this won't be possible, you have to keep to the agreement, this is something Vodafone are specific about in the Terms and Conditions.

Your only options here are continue paying and cancel when the contract reaches it's end date or pay off the contract.  If you choose the termination route, this will mean terminating at the full price of the contract before any discounts, with a 2% reduction and since you will not be receiving a service, minus VAT.

The change of ownership route has to be to someone trustworthy, you also need to make sure the contract has been accepted by the new owner.  The new owner also has to meet the credit check criteria.

You need to be very cautious about allowing someone to use the SIM on the promise of them paying the bill, you will still be responsible for the contract and payments. 

Thank you. I have been thinking of paying it off but not really keen on splashing £1K on a phone bill in ose single paymeny  Lol 

AnnS

Hi @Ricko

You can always consider selling the phone and putting the proceeds towards paying off the contract. 

If you owe £1000 in early termination charges you must have some time to go on 

the contract. 

Its merely few months old contract. But wanted to get s10+, so now stuck with two plans 

AnnS

Hi @Ricko 

How about cancelling your first contract ?  You probably don't have so long to go on your first number and the termination charges would be cheaper and will leave you with only the S10 contract.  You can even transfer your first number to the S10 contract but will lost the S10 number.

If this is an option, when you terminate you can either ask Vodafone for a PAC and take your number to an alternative network as a temporary measure and when the SIM is active on the alternative network, request a PAC and port back in to the S10 contract by following this link: Keep My Number.

The other way is to ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, with 30 days notice this is going to take a further 30 days to complete.