Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reecent Upgrade

elbow1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My upgrade tale

I recently upgraded my phone and package via online chat, It was agreed after some negotiation that the upfront charge for my new phone and delivery fee would be waived. Upon receiving the phone i checked my bill noticed it was a lot higher than it should be. Speaking to online chat again i was told the upfront fee and delivery had been charged to my account and furthermore the data usage was only for 12 months not the full 24 as promised. I was then assured this would be corrected within 24 hours and they said as a goodwill gesture a small credit added. Fast forward 24 hours, after speaking to 4 different agents i was told by the accounts department none of credits had been added to my account and my bill was to be £104.95 over what it should have been! The only solution was for me to cancel the upgrade, and revert back to my previous tariff which means i now have the extra hassle of returning the phone.  As a Vodafone customer of over 10 years i’m very disillusioned.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @elbow1

A couple of things I have picked up on.

If you log onto your online account or the My Vodafone application, this will give you the agreed tariff.  As far as daa allowance is concerned, this is for the full contract period, it can't just be given for part of the contract.  If you have been given extra data in addition to the usual allowance for the tariff, this will kick in once the standard allowance has been used.

As far as your credit is concerned, if the bill has already been generated, the following months bill will contain the credit.  You may find Vodafone will only collect the correct amount by DD.

The best thing to do is to wait for the Team to pick this post up, and they will be able to look at your account, see what has happened and get back to you.

Hi Ann

Many thanks for replying

I was given 2gb extra data, but when the advisor checked it was only valid until 2018 not 2019 as agreed. My bill should not have contained any of the charges for phone, or delivery, it was an error by the agent, and not rectified dispite my numerous attempts via online chat and by telephone.

I wiil wait and see if anyone picks up on this

thanks again

Well still not heard anything from the vodafone team, which considering the appalling customer sevice treatment I've received so far doesn't surprise me. My advice to anyone agreeing a upgrade deal which vodafone is to make sure, if possible, all the agreed discounts have been put in place, preferably in writing. Hopefully then this will save you the time and and inconvenience ive had to deal with.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elbow1 Apologies for the delay in reaching your post. 

We'd like to help you with this - so we're able to do so, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent.

A member of the team will then be in touch to assist further. 

Hi Alex

There doesn't seem to be a link available to click in the message you sent? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elbow1 Make sure you're on the full message - sometimes you're able to see a preview of the message from your main inbox however in this case the hyperlink won't appear. 

Firstly click on the heading of the message which will be Vodafone Community

This will take you to a page with the full message and you should then be able to click on the hyperlink underneath the word here

I've also sent you a new private message just incase - let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

Hi Alex

The link is there now, many thanks for your time 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@elbow1 - Thanks for sending us your details.

Please see the last email from us yesterday.