Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refunds

DebbieRich
3: Seeker

Hi  has anyone had to wait fpr a refund, I was promised ö would be refunded £213 last Friday which didn't happen. After then spending 4hours on the phone to Vodafone I was then promised it would take 3-5 working days for it to be refunded, which takes us up to today. guess what? no refund. keep getting fobbed off with it will be on your bank today and it's not. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and wondering who I complain to. when I ring up to make a complaint I get fobbed off with your money will be in your account today. Nobody seems to understand what a complaint is.

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Were the funds taken in error via direct debit?

I ask because if so you could speak to your Banks Customer Service Department to invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee. 

If a Card payment then possibly ChargeBack.

Link >. Which. How-do-i-use-chargeback.

Alternatively, The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DebbieRich

If you have been promisted a refund, it will generally be given within 30 days.

The best thing to do is to wait until the Team get to the thread.  They will be the ones to find out what has happened to what is a large amount of money.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DebbieRich Sorry to hear about your experience. 

Have you received your refund? 

If you haven't, please see the private message I've sent you with details on how to get in touch.

Chaos21
2: Seeker

Hi, I'm posting here in the hope that someone from Vodafone sees it!

I'm owed a refund as my mobile broadband should have been cancelled a year ago but wasn't.  (Another long story).

I was granted a refund and despite phone calls promising me my money would be in my bank account....the last deadline was midnight last night, it would DEFINITELY be in.....I still haven't been refunded!!

Other than sobbing down the phone I don't know what else to do!!

Oh and as of yesterday, despite asking umpteen times to cancel my mobile broadband, it was still active!!

Does anyone have any tips or advice as to how to get my money back without resorting to publically shouting from the rooftops!!

I have never ever known such poor customer service.  If I treated my customers like this I'd be out of a job!!!

(Frustrated soon to be ex Vodafone user....that's if I can successfully cancel my phone contract in a years time!!! #pigsmightfly !!)

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chaos21So we can help and look into this for you, please take a look at the private message I’ve sent which contains details on how to get in touch.

Chaos21
Thank you. I've finally got my refund, it's taken over 2 weeks but it's in my bank account today.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chaos21

Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad you've received your refund.

DebbieRich
I think I should be compensated in some way for all the trouble this has caused me, and I don't mean a free month from Vodafone as this is money that hoes back into there pocket. Imagine if the bosses jad to pawn their wedding rings. It would be nice to have a good will amount sent so that my husband and I could go out for a nice meal and a hotel after the trauma it has caused us!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DebbieRich I can see that @Rahim has previously sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can help with this.

I've now sent another message to you with these details, please follow the instructions and the team will be able to assist you further with your refund.