Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remove voicemail PIN

remoteindy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've never had a voicemail PIN in the 10 years that I've been a customer. I accidently set one when on holiday and now I want it removed. I've been on live chat (with India!) a number of times and been told yes it's been cleared (not reset) and every time it's not cleared.

It's obviously technically possible to clear it, since I've not had one for 10 years. So how do I need to contact to do that?

Thanks,

Indy.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @remoteindy

I don't think it's possible to totally remove the PIN.  However, you should be able to change the security to standard, you will then only need to enter the PIN if you are not calling from your phone or from abroad.  

If this is an option there is further information for you here: How do I set up a security PIN on voicemail?

hrym

The default PIN is (or used to be) 3333.   The guide @AnnS linked to has details of standard and high security.   Is it possible you have the latter turned on?   It isn't possible to have no PIN, but you can set voicemail so that you don't have to enter one when calling from your own phone.   You do need one when calling from another number, or abroad though, and that has to be other than the default.