Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Renew Contract Nightmare

mmughal36
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good Afternoon Respected Vodafone Community.

I have been with Vodafone for over 10 years and have two mobile numbers with them in the past when I have gone to renew my contract they have given me 30% to 40% off and Data boosters and sometimes entertainment packages but for the past 3 years it's been an absolute nightmare to get a good deal out of them, it like loyalty doesn't matter anymore which shows very poor customer service. Both my contracts are up for renewal any all they are offering is £3 off both contracts which i find very insulting, I have been on and off the live chat via the retention team and it's been an absolute nightmare must off spent at least 4 hours overall which from a customers point of view is an absolute joke. I think Ofcom should be alerted of how Vodafone treat there loyal customers. Please share your views and advice, keen to know if others are treated like this aswell and if the community knows a way to get a proper renewal which a loyal customer deserves.

From, Mr M

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mmughal36 

If you were a loyal customer you would want to remain with the network regardless of any money off discount. 

The price plans you can see on the website are the same for everyone and are competitive with other networks. If you went to any other network and asked for a discount towards the price plans on the website it would be unlikely to be offered.

However, Vodafone only seem to be offering discounts on the new unlimited tariffs, if you are trying to get a discount for any other tariff this may be where the problem may be.  Also, you shoud be entitled to a discount on your second line.

I can only suggest you contact Vodafone again, understandably you have been persevering for a long time and ask them if there is anything further they can offer.  Threatening Ofcom, who are the service regulator won't help and they would be unable to intervene.  If you have a complaint you follow the complaints process here : Complaints  and approach the Communications Ombudsman after exhauting trying to resolve the issue direct with Vodafone.

Thank you for the advice, I have followed the complaints process as you have mentioned.