main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Repeated notifications about settings update

Highlighted
3: Seeker

For the last week or more, I have been getting notification/alert on my phone several times an hour which says : "settings update - 1 new provisioning update".

These are becoming rather annoying - i would like to know how to either stop getting these or do something to stop them happening - any ideas?

Not sure if relevant but last week I also got a text from vodafone saying : "look like you have swapped SIM or updated software ....".

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dave_in_Cumbria 

This has been raised previously on the forum.  This configuration message will be sent when there has been a software update or if the SIM has been changed.

As previously mentioned in replies to this problem by the team on this forum, you need to text WEB to 40127, this will configure your APN settings, update your SIM on the network and the messages will stop.

View more options

It's an automatic Vodafone message instigated from their systems @Dave_in_Cumbria 

If this was my situation I'd give customer service on 191 or Live Chat a go to ask them to help stop these.

I appreciate how annoying they can be.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

There are occasions when this seems to happen spuriously, but, as has been said, it will happen normally if you've removed your SIM or updated firmware. You can normally ignore the messages, although it's an idea to get the new settings occasionally just in case something has changed.

The other thing that can make it appear that you've removed the SIM is connecting to some in-car Bluetooth systems.  If these take the SIM over, re-connecting looks to the phone like a re-insertion.  There's nothing you can do about this except speak to your car dealership.

The other possibility is a faulty SIM or a poor connection.  The check the latter, remove the SIM and clean it with a dry cloth.   If the problem persists, you could try a swap.

View more options