Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reporting Site Error | Bad First Impressions Chat Live

ryan_anthony
4: Newbie

First of all, there is a site error when u try and submit your security number online after recieving it to your phone your welcomed with ava.lang.NullPointerException
ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with: ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #187

So someone needs to report that error...

SECOND OF ALL

I thought I would report the problem to live chat, being the decent chap that I am, I build sites so I know how important it is for users to report problems, however..... I did not think I would have been greeted by such incompendence by a chat rep called KAMIL to the point I almost cancelled my broadband that is due to go live tomorrow, not a good first impressions...

So... I answered the security question, first 2 and last 2 of the password etc, he then asked for my phone number and told me it was WRONG ##~##? I said look I have 2 accounts, 1 is a pay as u go, the other is a broadband account, on my pay as u go it has the given number I gave him, on my broadband it has 2 numbers, one is the house phone which obvioulsy a pin cant be sent to when logging online so I also had them add my pay as u go number to that account so I can recieve the log in pins as needed, he told me I was wrong, he then asked me for my email address I gave him the 2, one for broadband and 1 for pay as u go, he told me that was wrong also!!! ##~##... I paid and signed up for my broadband using my tiscali address, i changed my pay as u go ages ago to my website i own address, he then told me the email, it was one I had not used in many AND I MEAN MANY years!!! what the hell is going on, he was cheeky to me, i then said look, phone my mobile now u can see its me, i even gave him the account number that was sent to me for my broadband and he would not accept anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I then decided to phone support and got through to a decent chap FROM SCOTLAND not diverted to a FOREIGN COUNTRY LIKE LIVE CHAT that helped me, he changed my email address associated with my broadband as that was the reason I was attempting to log in and do because TT end your email after 90 days of leaving them.

I am still on the fence after all this whether to move to another provider, I am meant to go live tomorrow and it seems to me that vodafone should maybe just stick to mobile phones, this is not professional at all and how the HECK are old records surfacing that are no longer in use by customers....

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @ryan_anthony

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience with our Live Chat, I understand your frustration at this. 

I will pass on your feedback to our team so we can improve this service. 

After giving our team a call through 191 has everything now been resolved for you?

Louise

I'm having the same issue and the live chat has been no help. They dont seem to understand it may be a software bug and are stuck in a human loop of 'lets reset the account'.

In any case, presenting a user with a Nullpointerexception error is poor form for any software application. Can this issue be escalated to the right people to get it resolved?

Yes everything is resolved by the TRAINED staff on the phone, I urge u all to avoid the chat, untrained staff that can only read responses their computers tell them to give to the questions with no common sense at all... lol

Saying that, the staff on the phone 10/10...

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@arrkaye Are you also a Broadband/Home Phone customer? I'm just wondering if the problem is confined to one group of customers.

arrkaye
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,

I am yes. My service is scheduled to go live on 25/11.

Annie_N

Thanks for the confirmation, @arrkaye

It looks as though the problem may be confined to Broadband, as it doesn't seem to be occurring on my phone account (other oddities, but not that one :smileywink:).

I'll move your other thread to here, as it seems to be the same issue and yours includes a screenshot, then report it in what I believe are the right quarters.

I'm getting an error when I enter the SMS code for 2-factor authentication.

Subsequently unable to login.

Anyone else seeing this?

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @arrkaye

Please try clearing your cache and cookees and try again.

If the problem persists, please use live chat, they will need to reset your account. 

Further info below.

Why can't I log in to My Vodafone?

Hi @arrkaye

Live Chat does work, its just a little busy at the moment.  Just keep the window open for when an advisor is available, you will soon get a connection.

Choose personal, pay monthly on the link and scroll down where you will be able to find the support live chat link.

Contact Us

Thanks for your response.

Tried that. Where can I access the chat?

This page doesn't actually have a link to open a chat..

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm